Cabin Assignments

Murphey

Both of our cruises in November are pretty much sold out (I know this because I tried to book my sis and b-i-l on one of our cruises). We booked a gty, but still don't have an assignment. I would understand if they were still selling cabins, but it seems there are no cabins left (save for 2 suites). Don't you think we'd have a cabin yet???

You have a cabin, you don't have a number. It isn't much of a worry, normally they show up after final payment.

Both of our cruises in November are pretty much sold out (I know this because I tried to book my sis and b-i-l on one of our cruises). We booked a gty, but still don't have an assignment. I would understand if they were still selling cabins, but it seems there are no cabins left (save for 2 suites). Don't you think we'd have a cabin yet???

That's what I was expecting, a cabin assignment shortly after final payment. Not particularly worried, just overly curious about where we are going to be living for 2 weeks. I just love to look at the deck plans and "visualize" ourselves on board!!! And yes....perhaps the upgrade fairy will strike, but not holding my breath!!

Even though you think the ship is sold out there may be some kind of a "magic deadline" they have before assigning cabin numbers. Wonder if, because of past experience, they expect a certain number of cancellations and wait to assign cabin numbers because of that. We did a gty. for Star and had our cabin number about a week after final payment. I am with you, I mark our place on the deck plan and gaze at it often. Well at least you know you won't be in a life boat...:D Hang in there and have fun! Good luck waiting for the Upgrade Pixie...(how many times do I have to tell people it is a Pixie, not a Fairy)

15_3_6.gif

I always know what my cabin number is when I book a cruise? My T/A and I go over the open cabins and I pick the one I like before I pay any money. I guess I want to know where I can hang my hat on the ship. I guess I pay a little more than some of you but I like to have a cabin in the middle of the ship and not next to elevators or stairs. Anyway waiting untill the ship sails for my cabin number would kill me. That is how I feel about it.

FYI - Just because an online website doesn't show your category for sale doesn't mean there are none available so you are going to get an upgrade. The cruiseline holds back inventory for gty bookings. Bottomline - online websites are not a valid way to track whether your booking category is full or not.

Happy Sailing!

Sounds like it is sold out for now. They'll find a place for you though.

Cruise lines regularly oversell their cabins, just like airlines, banking on cancelations. If it doesn't seem to be going to plan, they start offering "move over" offers to get folks to leave the ship voluntarily for some kind of compensation. They WILL find a place for you though. If there are no cancelations in your GTY category, they upgrade people out of your category to make room for you, or just upgrade you and leave everyone where they are.

Your Personalizer is absoulutely real time though, so when they place you, you'll see it. And, yes, it could be at the pier.

Archived