Question about meds

ejhall

I was wondering about my medications that I'll need to take with me. I know to pack them in my carry-on, but I was wondering if they need to be in the original bottles, or if I can put them in a smaller pill box for the flight and cruise? Most of what I will be bringing will be non-prescription vitamins, but I do have two prescription meds to bring. Any help would be appreciated! :)

Thanks!

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][/font][/b][b][font=Comic Sans MS]Joe is correct, it is always recommended to keep them in the original containers, but I take several medications and have used those "day of the week" containers before and never had a problem with them. [/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Terri[/font][/b]

While on a cruise from Vancouver to San Diego last year I accidently spilled all my pills into the toilet. Fortunately it was only a four day trip and I lost them on the second day out. I am taking a double supply this time out on a fourteen day cruise (one to drop in the toilet and one to get me through the cruise):) .

I've also heard it is recommended that you bring a copy of your original prescription.

Most people don't have a problem using a generic container for their drugs. That doesn't mean, however, that no one has had a problem. The chance may be quite small that you will be delayed while immigration tries to determine what those drugs are you are carrying, but it can & does happen.

Thanks to all for the replies. I think I'll go for the pill box idea for the non-prescription vitamins and leave the prescription meds in their original containers. That should work out fine!

If there are any controlled substances (sleepers, pain meds, adhd meds (except strattera), anxiety meds and the like) you should have the original bottle. If you are stopped by the police with it in your car and not in the bottle you can be taken in. Had this happen to one of my patients. deb

My dad just returned from a trip to Europe and he had one heck of a time at Customs in both Germany and Hungary because he refused to keep his prescription meds in their original bottles, even after both my sister and I strongly told him he needed to keep them in their original bottles. He was held up for over an hour in Germany and for 40 minutes in Hungary while the Customs people went through his days of the week meds holder and looked at every pill. I don't know about you, but there's no way I would take those pills after someone had touched them. Please, for your own sake, keep your meds in their original bottles and don't carry them in those days of the week holders.

Archived