Newbie Needs Balcony Help ~

CruisnTxMom

We are booking the Conquest for June and we have to have 2 rooms. There are 6 of us. Our children are under 10 years.

I really want a balcony , it looks like there are no connecting balconies.?

So, are there only certain balconies that the balcony railing opens to both rooms?

Thanks so much for your help !

~ Brenda

We are booking the Conquest for June and we have to have 2 rooms. There are 6 of us. Our children are under 10 years.

So, are there only certain balconies that the balcony railing opens to both rooms?

~ Brenda

Hi Brenda! Are you wanting to know if you get 2 rooms next to each other, will the partition that divides the balconies open up so you can have one large balcony?

~ Brenda

So are we talking 2 adults and 4 kids under the age of 10? If it were ME, I would be a little nervous putting the kids in a balcony room by themselves without a connecting door. Have you thought about getting 1 balcony and also getting an inside room right across from the balcony room? Again, are we just talking one couple and 4 kids, or are we talking 2 couples and 2 kids?:) :)

Yep, we are two adults and 4 kiddos.

My DH is wanting our rooms to be side by side, he says it will be easier than accross the hall.

If we can have the balcony partition to open up. So, that's why I was wondering if all open up???

There will be one parent to each room :(

Thanks for any advice.....

Chittown~ I see the red showing the doors in your explanation.

But when I scroll down to deckplans , I can't see where the doors are. Am I looking at the plans correctly?

Thanks again

I added the red to the deck plan sample so you can see where the doors "should be on the real deckplans"......just assume the door locations when looking at the real deck plans to determine what cabins you need.

Let me know if I'm still confusing you.......I did this because this happened to us on my first cruise. We had two balconies and couldn't open the divider because of how it blocked the door.

Chittown~ I see the red showing the doors in your explanation.

But when I scroll down to deckplans , I can't see where the doors are. Am I looking at the plans correctly?

Thanks again

The doors on the deck plans are the little indentations.

you can see from my photo that the issue is when the cabin/balcony doors are next to each other.........we had the divider opened and it blocked the cabin door that is forward in the photo.......so we had it closed. We went to the pursers desk because we booked this way because of the kids...............they sent 3 guys and removed the divider (it should be between the glass doors). I think removing the door was a rare conclusion.

2139102980089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

Okay, I think I have it !

I was not looking at the front door. duh !

These plans are amazing , thank you for all you work.:D

You're welcome....I made this page to save others for having to go thru what we did.

By the way when I made this months ago I worked with other CC'ers (like Kurbanfan) to verify the information....so that I had it right!

Thanks again Kurbanfan....this comes in handy.

If you don't want it opened, can your neighbor see through the glass? We are not booked with the cabin next door so I was wondering about privacy.

it's frosted.........you can see thru ours because those are the real balcony doors....the frosted divider was removed (you should see the opposite divider in the photo)

Thank you so much for the wonderful information. Do you know if it is the same for the other classes of ships? We are travelling in May with my sister and her infant daughter in the balcony cabin next to ours on the Miracle and are hoping the divider can be opened.

Thanks, Tracey

Thank you so much for the wonderful information. Do you know if it is the same for the other classes of ships? We are travelling in May with my sister and her infant daughter in the balcony cabin next to ours on the Miracle and are hoping the divider can be opened.

Thanks, Tracey

This works for Conquest, Triumph and Destiny class (verified with other CC'ers

Spirit Class is NOT an issue...the divider opens forward to the rail.....the only issue here is that the forward of the cabins will have partial rail blockage due to the divider being secured in the place. The aft cabin will have full 10 ft view.

Thanks, Tracey

No worry about spirit class. The divider opens towards the railing:)

Oops to slow here lol!

Archived