Who is the cruise Director on the Inspiration?

Cruise Organizer

Almost all CD's have a sense of humor, warmth and interact with the pax. All seem to have their own routine. I've been on 18 cruises, 8 with CCL and she is the only one I disliked. You will hardly see her - only when she must be present.

The Inspiation is a great ship and overall, you will have a great time.

It is funny, we don't even agree in our own family on which CD's we like or dislike. Our sons adore one CD on RCCL, I on the other hand don't like him so much. Then there is a married couple, Michael something, I think it starts with an M that I like and my mother dislikes. Opinions dfinitely vary from person to person.

I was on the Celebration with Risa and LOVED her! She was funny, remembered us by name and was one of the best CD's that I ever had!!

To each his own....

See, I think that is the difference in CD. She made it personal for you, she liked you and she made it fun for you.

We had Todd W on our last cruise and I thought he was a show boater, among other things. He made one of our excursions very stressful. We were tendering and that made it it worse. He failed to tell us where and when we were to meet and that to leave early for the tenders. It took us 45 minutes to get to the boat that was taking us snorkeling. They were thisclose to leaving w/o us and did with several pax. There were about 20 of us that he upset, and not once did he apologize to us. We reported it to the Pursers deck, and was told they knew and that they were sorry. I think we should have been treated better by Todd, as we were on a Carnival excursion, guess not.

DH and I also liked Risa on the Inspiration in April and thought she was great. We were going to book again with the kids for July figuring they would enjoy her also, but that was her time off so we didnt.

On the other hand we had another CD on the Glory last Christmas that a few on these boards seemed to think was great, and we thot he was horrible and would never want to go on a cruise with him again:D

We've been on 3 cruises on 2 different CCL ships. Risa has been our CD on all of them. We like her alot. Funny, personable and a Carolina girl too. Since we're on Inspiration again in Nov, it looks like we're cruising with Risa again! :)

That being said, the CD does not make or break my good time on a cruise.

However, I can live without poor quality Asst CD's. There's one guy (I think his name is Brad), who couldn't come off as more stiff and not ready to work in front of a crowd. Since the Asst CD's host most of the daily activities (games, contests, bingo, etc), I'm pretty much ready to leave the room if this guy is at the microphone. Hopefully he's moved on by now. :rolleyes:

Almost all CD's have a sense of humor, warmth and interact with the pax. All seem to have their own routine. I've been on 18 cruises, 8 with CCL and she is the only one I disliked. You will hardly see her - only when she must be present.

The Inspiation is a great ship and overall, you will have a great time.

The piece I highlighted above may be what endears her to others. I have never had an opinion of a cruise director one way or the other. I think I may be more drawn to one who is not in my face at every turn. I see quite a few threads with people asking, "How is this CD?", or "Who is the CD on this ship?"...I have never understood why that even matters. I guess it is me, but that person is a very , very small part of my cruise..

The piece I highlighted above may be what endears her to others. I have never had an opinion of a cruise director one way or the other. I think I may be more drawn to one who is not in my face at every turn. I see quite a few threads with people asking, "How is this CD?", or "Who is the CD on this ship?"...I have never understood why that even matters. I guess it is me, but that person is a very , very small part of my cruise..

Actually if you have a bad CD you will know it and it will affect your cruise. Good CD's have good organizational and people skills ~believe me, we didnt appreciate the job they do until getting one who was dreadful.

i met her a few weeks ago when the ship was in dry dock . we were on the glory in freeport. she was coming over to see our cd wee jimmy funny guy. we talked for quite a while on the pier. she seemed very frendly and talked about some of the upgrades on the ship . seemed very sincere and not at all bothered or annoyed. at being stopped and engaged in a conversation.

I'll be on the ship 11/5/07. Went last year - had Riza(?) She was the worst of 8 Carnival cruises.

Risa Barnes is still the CD on Inspiration. We were on the last Inspiration cruise prior to drydock with Risa and she is by far our favorite CD.

She is very very good at what she does.

Archived