Hawaii for the Holidays

NorCalCruiseGuy

Hi I saw your question on the thread about Pearl Habor and responded over there.... but I thought I'd reply here too.

We did the cruise in November... Thanksgiving 2005. A bit cold and damp the first two and last two days out of San Diego. Then sunny weather as we were closer to Hawaii. In Hawaii it was their typical sunny on one side of the Island rainy on the the other.

Seas were some what choppy closer California, and smoother near Hawaii... but I think that depends on Pacific storm activity.

Beaches and waters in Hawaii were perfect for swimming or snorkeling. Weather was cooler in mountains but still beautiful.

This was about a month earlier than your cruise would be, but I can't imagine a drastic difference.

We have done this cruise many times. The weather has been smooth as silk sometimes and sometimes a bit rocky, but the rocky weather has never lasted longer than 1 or 2 days.

I've had rougher weather coming home from the Mex Riv.

We'll be on the Mercury next October. Our 3rd time cruising on the Mercury.

Go for it!

Jill

Archived