Where can i storage luggage before boarding in Sydney

laminar

Hi

We will be arriving very early and the Satendam won't take our luggage until noon i guess.

Is there any place where i can storage our luggage for a few hours while we explore Sydney??

I am not sure if the main rail station would have a place for this purpose.

Thanks

You might contact some of the hotels near the pier to see if they would be willing for you to leave luggage for a few hours. Don't know what you mean by 'early' but by the time you retrieve your bags at the airport and get transportation to the city, you will likely have used an hour or more. So you're probably only talking about a couple of hours (my assumption). We had luck in Seattle when we needed to leave our bags for a few hours before heading to the airport. The bellmen at the Marriott were happy to keep the luggage for the nice tip we gave them. Usually bellmen do not ask if you're staying at the hotel...so it's worth a try. Good luck!

Unfortunately since 2001 and all the trouble with terrorists, Sydney's Central Railway no longer has lockers.

As Sheila has suggested, the only thing would be to ask either the Four Seasons Hotel or the Park Hyatt right on Circular Quay if they would hold your luggage. They are the two closest hotels to the dock. Actually I would email the conciege before you leave home and ask the favour. If he agrees then I would come armed with that email and just show it to the doorman.

Both hotels are within walking distance of the ship.

Jennie

Hi

We will be arriving very early and the Satendam won't take our luggage until noon i guess.

Is there any place where i can storage our luggage for a few hours while we explore Sydney??

I am not sure if the main rail station would have a place for this purpose.

Thanks

No this is not true. Porters are available early morning for acceptance of luggage, by 9am anyway. Drop off with correct luggage tags, tip the porter and go on your tourng.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are two place I found that store luggage:

http://www.cbdstorage.com.au/default.asp?goto=includes/lugg/lugg_layout.inc

http://www.travellers.com.au/default.asp?action=article&ID=112

We were going to use one or the other because we were going up to Cairns for few days and didn't want to take all our luggage. But, our hotel the Marriott said they would hold the luggage until we returned.

Good luck.

Archived