Question re: Cagney's

Sidetracker

When viewing a photo someone posted of Cagney's menu I read the following at the bottom of the menu:

"Each of the dishes require an additional per person above the norman cover charge."

I know that there is a charge to eat at Cagney's (don't know how much) - but then do you have to pay more over and above that depending on what you want to eat :confused: .

Could someone clue me in so I really don't look quite so stupid on board :D

porterhouse steak, lobster, surf & turf (if they still have it)...yes, i don't know the current costs. when we went it was $5 more for these items.

also, when we went for the 1/2 dinner times, these items were not discounted...but everything else was.

For most of the entrees, there is a $20 cover charge. There are very few things (lobster, surf/turf maybe) that have a cover of $25.

http://www.magwa.co.uk/dawn/ndawnphoto.htm

This is a link to some of the menus, albeit a few yrs old. I was on the Dawn last year and the menus were the same, but I think price went up. Hope it helps. BTW.....Cagney's was awesome and that is coming from someone who is not a steak person. I had the Filet w/ multiples of the sides/starters.

On our recent 1 nighter we dined at Cagney's. The charge for those 3 items at the bottom of the page (Surf and turf, whole lobster, and 24 oz. porterhouse) was an additional $10 on top of the $20 pp charge. BTW, the fries and sizzled onions are to die for!

On our recent 1 nighter we dined at Cagney's. The charge for those 3 items at the bottom of the page (Surf and turf, whole lobster, and 24 oz. porterhouse) was an additional $10 on top of the $20 pp charge. BTW, the fries and sizzled onions are to die for!
yes, that is exactly it: most items at Cagney's are the basic $20 and are very good, if you want to have any of the 3 you mentioned it is now $10 more, not $5.00 just like you said. Even at $30 the price is cheap compared to land restaurants. Where can you get a 1 1/2 lb lobster for $30.00?

nita

Just got back from Reno, Fri, Sat, and Sunday at Boomtown's Silver Screen Buffy, all you can eat for $16.99. I only had six small ones.

How about the other places to eat on the Pearl. What is the sur-charge for them?

Red Lobster isn't lobster! :)

I was on a Canada/NE cruise a couple of weeks ago and in Newport RI was a restaurant that had a special for lunch - $60.00 for a 5lb lobster! Too bad the last thing you want to do on shore is eat!

What exactly does the 1/2 price time mean? Do they have an early bird special at Cagney's?

Archived