Need advice on next cruise

phinfan63

I have the first cruise out of the way and now thinking of the next one :D I would like to take the family (son 15 yrs old) next year but I know he would have been bored on the Holiday. Are there any Carnival ships that have things like the inline skating, rock climbing or anything that might catch his attention and keep him busy?

Thanks!

We went on the Conquest this summer. Our 14 year old met a group of kids adn they had a great time. There was a group of like 20 kids ranging from 14-16. There were some teen activities the ship scheduled, but there was plenty for them to do. They did ping-pong games, they got pretty roudy. The had pool games, basketball games, and a lot more. There were also clubs set aside for teens only. They also played cards a lot on the deck. My daughter said if anyone would have told her she would have fun doing these activities, she would not have agreed with them, but she did. She is ready to go on another cruise next summer.

Cathy

PS The conquest is so large, you can always find something to do.

Royal Caribbean is the only cruise line with rock climbing walls and stuff like that. But keep in mind the stuff is only opened during certain hours. and not opened at night. You are cruising for 7 days-- how many times can a kid climb a wall. or play mini golf. Base your decision on how busy your 15 year old can be on those 7 days.

Both cruise lines get a minus when it comes to activities for that age group. But they do have a teen meeting the first night of the cruise for teens to meet. (its very important your son go to this meeting) Mostly the kids that age tend to hang out and make their own fun. Do their own pizza party or hot tubs thing. My boys had a blast on our cruises. THey too thought they would be bored with their first cruise. Not the case.

I appreciate the help. I'm sure if he would go to the meeting, he would meet some kids around his age but not sure if he will.

We may have narrowed it down to a 5 day instead of a 7 day because Fall break isn't long enough for 7 day. If we go at Xmas, we have a brother-n-law that we have to deal with because he spends every Xmas with us.

I think I will probably just book it and having fun will be up to them. :)

LOL- thats why its important that you MAKE him go to that meeting. Most kids that age are way to kewl for that kind of stuff. But I am sure that after he goes to the meeting he will "quietly" thank you later in the week.

I wouldnt tell him its a teen meeting-- Just tell him you want to check out some stuff and you want him to check it out with you.

Archived