Explorer Room Questions

mom8386

I just booked a promenade room 8309 on Explorer for my kids, and 8308 for me and the dh.

8309...is this room too far over to see the promenade? After searching this forum, I get the feeling that they are too far at the end to see anything.

8308...this room is the first one after the hump. Is there an issue with privacy on the balcony? Will I be staring at the people in the first hump room?

I know that these questions have been asked before...just looking for the definitive answer! Thanks!

Privacy isn't an issue on the balcony unless either you or your neighbor decide to lean out and look around the divider! That's a great, easy-to-get-to location!

As far as position over the promenade--it will be fine! You'll hear the parade better, if you actually go down to the promenade. But don't worry about the view.

the only other time you may have a problem with privacy in a balcony room is if you are in port and there is another ship just across the dock from you. This has happened a few times. It can be strange waking up and looking into cabins on another ship... but fun to see the differences in the cabins of the different rooms. We awoke our last morning in Ft. Lauderdale to the QM2 so close to us, and it was pretty new at the time so it was interesting looking at the differences in design, and watching the people doing laps!

I just booked a promenade room 8309 on Explorer for my kids, and 8308 for me and the dh.

8309...is this room too far over to see the promenade? After searching this forum, I get the feeling that they are too far at the end to see anything.

8308...this room is the first one after the hump. Is there an issue with privacy on the balcony? Will I be staring at the people in the first hump room?

I know that these questions have been asked before...just looking for the definitive answer! Thanks!

The balcony dividers on the Explorer are solid walls. They are not the glass type on some ship so you will have privacy on the balcony:) Anything by the hump is a great location as close to stairs and elevators:)

Archived