Aerial Tram in the Rain Forest

Cosmic Rays

• 2 weeks later...
We were just there before Christmas and we booked a private tour with Reyno Tours. By doing so we were able to add the tram as a stop on the tour and we just paid for the tram when we got there. We paid $250 total and there were 5 of us in our group, so for $50 each we decided to go this route. The tram is in roughly $70 US at the time.

Is the Tram cost $70.00 US per person or is it for the 5 of you?

Thanks,

xlixer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We took the ships tour and with the windy and narrow roads...at times I wanted to close my eyes.. but the aeral tram ride was the highlight of our Amazon cruise.. over and under the trees and best of all for this old lady.. the walk on the jungle floor and the walk across the suspension bridge..Just writing about this trip which was just less than two weeks ago gives me such a thrill.. Can't wait until we get our pictures downloaded and up...I'd do it again in a heart beat

• 2 weeks later...
Parrot Mom - Do you have your photos yet?

The tram sounds neat, but is it safe? :rolleyes: I wonder what regulations Dominica has on cable safe checking, etc..

Parrot Pop is still working on the pictures (over 1400 of trip) and says you just can't experience the rain forest through the pictures.. The tram has plastic on the roof and on the first part we went through the jungle where every few weeks they go and cut the branches back..so they don't go into the tram..lol.. The guide said that they built it with the help of a helicopter.. and there is a spot where they go to check it all out.. Remembering I'm over 70.. the tram stops and those who wanted to walked on the floor of the jungle with the naturalist pointing out all the flora and fauna.. The steps were so narrow and ofcourse slippery that I was walking sideways..lol..CruisinManiac I only wish you could feel the excitement I felt while doing this..and even talking about it right now.. Then we came to a huge steel suspension bridge..oh my G-d-- I felt like Auntie Mame..lol so over we walk over it admiring the waterfalls, etc. down below.. Back on the tram and then we go OVER THE JUNGLE.. OVER the tree tops....until we reached bottom and got a drink..choice of rum, water or whatever.. I took the rum.. The taxi ride up to the tram was interesting too.. narrow and winding roads, but surprisingly saw a few lovely home built by Dominicans who had come back..the homes were on the edge of mountains.. ,Now, I undertstand the company has aeral trams in St. Lucia and Jamaica.. I would do this trip again in a heartbeat..like today...As for the price.. including taxi and the tram I think it was $129.00.. Parrot Pop almost had a heart attack when he found out, but what a trip and he certainly enjoyed it almost as much as I did. he couldn't walk in the jungle or do the bridge, but I did.. and my enthusiasm is brimming over still

Guess thats what makes a horse race..lol.. IMHO it was incredible.. did see wild orchids and a few birds..to me.. the experience was exhilarating..to me.. this was not a ho-hum experience. The huge ferns that we traveled OVER, the type fern we have in our homes. Sometimes in this world of travel we have all seen one church too many, one poor village too many,one museum too many but this was my real first tropical jungle tram ride and although I've been to Costa Rica...this is my first real rain forest complete with rain, branches coming into the tram, wild orchids, birds, etc. etc. and we did see birds.. Did you walk along the floor of the jungle? The suspension bridge.....TEXASFIRSTIMECRUISER... I am not young and to me and the bridge I felt like Auntie Mame..and these experiences are what make my life... I'm not as blaise as I thought I was..lol

We did not do the walk part of it because we cannot my husband ihas a bad heart and knee replacement and my son is in a wheelchair. But once you have seen one fern and 1 flower and yes they are pretty but 90 minutes of seeing the same things over and over and over was boring to me and my whole family. And we didnt see any birds at all not even one and yes it rained on us the entire trip but then it rained at almost every port on the cruise so that wasnt a big deal. :rolleyes:

But all kinds of people make the worlds go round so I just wanted everyone to know what my experience was. I have pictures on my facebook but I dont know how to put them into the post or I would.

• 3 weeks later...

We were looking forward to doing the Aerial Tram ride through the rain forest when in Dominica in September. Now I read that it's closed from May 5th to Oct 1st. Is that for real or am I getting bad information? We did the Champagne Reef snorkeling last time and enjoyed it. But once is enough and it would have been the perfect thing for us to do this time. Does anyone know for sure if it will be closed? Thanks, Peenie

Great Descriptions. Can anyone tell me what the restroom situation is? My DH takes lots of diuretics and meds that cause him to need the facilities pretty frequent. He says he can't go without for 90 minutes on the tram. Is it 90 minutes straight or is there a place he can go at the end before reboarding the tram when it returns over the trees? :)

Thanks, Sue

IMHO it wasnt worth the $100 pp to go on. No animals or birds of any kind and not just that day the guide said they never see any. You see the same plants and flowers over and over again for a whole 90 mins. The prettiest thing we saw was the waterfall.
Actually, we saw a variety of uncommon rainforest birds including brown tremblers, warblers, and hummingbirds...not huge and flashy species, but not found in other ecosystems. We are birders, and thought the excursion was worthwhile.

Great Descriptions. Can anyone tell me what the restroom situation is? My DH takes lots of diuretics and meds that cause him to need the facilities pretty frequent. He says he can't go without for 90 minutes on the tram. Is it 90 minutes straight or is there a place he can go at the end before reboarding the tram when it returns over the trees? :)

Thanks, Sue

There are no restrooms once you leave the station where you board the tram until you get back 90 minutes later.

I hope you enjoy the trip to us it was not worth it and will never do that kind of excursion again. I didnt like seeing nothing but trees for a whole 90 mins and not that many different kinds sojust kept seeing the same things over and over for 90 mins.

This company runs ziplining and aerial tram tours in Costa Rica, St. Lucia, Jamaica, and Dominica. I went to there site for Dominica and it says the park is closed from May 05 till Oct 01. :( We will be there in Sep and wanted to do this also, but we're a couple weeks too early in our visit.

Here is their website: http://www.rainforestrams.com/

• 1 month later...

Parrot Mom - I am just now getting back to this thread after a busy summer. Had it in My Favorites and forgot all about checking back with you. Thank you so much for the responses...all! I need to make a decision as the cruise is coming up the first week in October. :)

Now, wasn't there a steel suspension bridge that collapsed somewhere within the last two years? It may have been Canada, but I am a little leery about that part of the excursion. I'll have to do some investigating.

Archived