cancelled cruises

mchoelting

Just been on the Carnival website and they have changed some iterneraries and are canceling one cruise. They are also giving some shiboard credit and giving the option to cancel and give your money back. I don't want to say which ships as I don't remeber but I do remember the saillings were the Sept. 2 and 3rd. One was chaged to a CTN and the other was canceled. If you want info go to http://www.carnival.com Hope this info helps some people and I am truly sorry for this misfortune.

Also- people who are flying out between today and September 5th please check your flights web page for information. Seems a lot of fares are being canceled or re-routed. Do no ttake the chance that someone will get in touch with you if they cancel.

Carnival Cruise Lines is closely monitoring Hurricane Frances and any potential disruption to scheduled sailings.

Presently two sailings have been impacted. Please see the details below:

FANTASY

The itinerary of the Fantasy sailing departing on 9/2/04 will be changed to a cruise-to-nowhere. The ship will depart Port Canaveral promptly at 4:30 pm. Guests currently booked on this sailing have the following options:

Sail and receive a $100 per person on board credit. Guest will also receive 50% off a future Carnival cruise of 3-5 days in duration. The Future Cruise Credit must be redeemed on or before December 15, 2005.

Cancel and rebook on another sailing with no penalty.

Cancel and receive a full refund.

FASCINATION

The Fascination 9/3/04 sailing has been cancelled. Guests may rebook on another sailing or opt for a refund.

At this time, no additional sailings have been modified. Please check back with Carnival.com for periodic updates.

I think the Fantasy people are getting a good deal but the Fasincation people aren't being offered any type of discount (that i have seen) on a future cruise. Bummer for them! I feel so bad! But better safe then sorry.

Archived