Anyone mind sharing price difference on upsell?

browniegirl

i was called today for POA - I had a BC booked

370 PP for penthouse

674 PPfor AA

1050 PP for A2

something like that --- I ended up taking the AA

last year I was offered an AA for 300pp which i thought was a steal - I was very excited - this was a good chunk more but we really liked the space, hot tub, and great service from our Butler with breakfast every morning

Hi, I got an upsell email last night. We were booked in an AF and got an upsell to Courtyard Villa for $300. p/p total $600. Of course, I took it! We are cruising the 5 day Western Carribean on the Pearl 12/09/2007.

So it looks like cruise pricing has evolved [or devolved] to as complex a situation as airline seats, where you can have fourteen different people in the plane and no two paid the same price.

What is interesting to me in reading this thread is how many people are more concerned with what someone ELSE paid or might have paid for something, rather than being interested and/or pleased with their own situation. That would bode ill for those cruisers sharing the Dream for 18 days next April, with people who are cruising for fifteen dollars a day :-)

So it looks like cruise pricing has evolved [or devolved] to as complex a situation as airline seats, where you can have fourteen different people in the plane and no two paid the same price.

What is interesting to me in reading this thread is how many people are more concerned with what someone ELSE paid or might have paid for something, rather than being interested and/or pleased with their own situation. That would bode ill for those cruisers sharing the Dream for 18 days next April, with people who are cruising for fifteen dollars a day :-)

The reason for this thread is purely interest, hardly concern. It is always nice to read about people's good fortune and the obvious good deals people are getting and the enjoyment they will so obviously get from them!!! I doubt we'll get an upsell and that is why we booked the cabin we wanted to begin with and then anything above that is purely a bonus. I liken it to a lotto, with very slim chances but if you do win anything, it's a bonus and something that is fun to share with others. I am sure it is very helpful to everyone who has never had an upsell, to have a very rough ballpark idea of what it might come in at, that way if they win the "upsell" lotto, they aren't caught off guard. Why not, what does it hurt to share positive stories about upsells??? I am completely curious and absolutely love getting more posts on more upsells\ stories and how excited people are, I know I would be and that puts a smile on my face.

Browniegirl

Any recent good upsell stories?

Browniegirl

Well, NCL's Business Enhancement Consultant (BEC) e-mailed an offer for my 13 day Trans Atlantic on the JADE. My 649 for Balcony GTY went to 849 for an AF. Considering the length & we've been on the POH before, an AF will be a pleasant change. Anyway, the lady said, once I mentioned the SUN cruise, "I think Martha's about to call you with another offer for that." I'm awaiting. (I guess I'm spending more than I've made on the exchange rate.) p.s. All prices are U.S.$'s.

ayeamcdn: IMO, you've got a great deal on the BA. Sometimes GTYs are assigned quickly, sometimes not. Again IMO, $300 p/p to go from BA to AF is too much; others think it is a good deal. The only question is whether you think it is a good deal. A "good price" is so subjective. You must have thought it was a fair price or (I assume) you wouldn't have booked it.

beachchick

I didn't take the $300 x 2 offer, but now they've sweetened the pie & I grabbed this one too.

The reason for this thread is purely interest, hardly concern. It is always nice to read about people's good fortune and the obvious good deals people are getting and the enjoyment they will so obviously get from them!!! I doubt we'll get an upsell and that is why we booked the cabin we wanted to begin with and then anything above that is purely a bonus. I liken it to a lotto, with very slim chances but if you do win anything, it's a bonus and something that is fun to share with others. I am sure it is very helpful to everyone who has never had an upsell, to have a very rough ballpark idea of what it might come in at, that way if they win the "upsell" lotto, they aren't caught off guard. Why not, what does it hurt to share positive stories about upsells??? I am completely curious and absolutely love getting more posts on more upsells\ stories and how excited people are, I know I would be and that puts a smile on my face.

Browniegirl

I've read some more of the posts on this thread & thought I'd add: I appreciate the info & advice I've received here. I thought I was stretching it going for a balcony when I've always been happy with an OV. We really don't spend much time in our room, other than a solid 8 hours of sleep time. I see revealing $ as evening up the playing field for those of us who are not involved in the industry, other than as customers. I love getting a good deal in any purchase & if I can help my neighbour do likewise, all the better. The cruise line is not operating the upsells at a loss, it's smart business practice. I've paid for my cruise, now what's a couple of bucks more? That, I believe, is the philosophy the BEC is hoping for. And this is enjoyment for me not something I'm looking to get upset or worried over - Y'all have a great cruise...

I do agree that you have to be happy with what you pay - my post was more for curiousity - like i said, last year 300 pp for BC to AA was amazing - this year was more than double and I think the ship is even more empty -- maybe they know they had me at hot tub...lol

my cruise leaves in 3 weeks

Friends on an upcoming 10 day Pride of Aloha accepted an upsell from Cat G (oceanview with porthole) to a Cat BB (balcony) for $156.53 per person more. Needless to say, they are delirious! :D

Now that's an interesting figure. :confused:

browniegirl!!! I got the call!!

We started in an AG Guarantee (mini-suite somewhere.) Immediately assigned a cabin and upgraded to an AF. I had told DH about this board and what I had learned from my new friends, and we agreed we would accept an upsell offer of not more than $250 pp. Well, they called, and we did and we're now in a Penthouse right on the rear (8th deck) of the Dawn. And so excited. I have NO idea why they called us...

browniegirl!!! I got the call!!

We started in an AG Guarantee (mini-suite somewhere.) Immediately assigned a cabin and upgraded to an AF. I had told DH about this board and what I had learned from my new friends, and we agreed we would accept an upsell offer of not more than $250 pp. Well, they called, and we did and we're now in a Penthouse right on the rear (8th deck) of the Dawn. And so excited. I have NO idea why they called us...

THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!! Wow, I am so happy for you, you will, I am sure, absolutely love your suite, what a happy thing to have happen, YAHOO!!!

:D :D

Hi there, I know it is kind of touchy here, but does anybody mind giving me some insight on what the usual price differences/offers that NCL makes on upsells? Our cruise has final payment today for the Sun on Jan 5th and I am curious as to what kind of offers they might make passengers if there are categories left open up above you. We are in Ae and that category is sold out but there are suites open in every category above us.

Thanks!!!!

Brownigirl:D :D :D

We received an upsell today on the Jewel next week. We were in an inside cabin on Deck 11 and was offered a balcony on Deck 9 for $210 total for the cabin additional. We took the balcony having never sailed with a balcony before!

We received an upsell today on the Jewel next week. We were in an inside cabin on Deck 11 and was offered a balcony on Deck 9 for $210 total for the cabin additional. We took the balcony having never sailed with a balcony before!

You will NOT regret it!!!!!!! We were in an inside on the Sun and then an aft mini-suite on the Jewel last January and wow, I will be spoiled forever now having had a balcony!! Have a fabulous time, the Jewel is beautiful!!!

:D

We recently accepted an upsell from a BC balcony to an AC penthouse for $250/pp. Our TA actually contacted someone at NCL and was offered the deal on our behalf. They were having some sort of special on suites that week or something. Anyway, it worked out well for us! We cruise in two weeks :)

Here is a great one! I got the call yesterday for some clients of mine, I had been in contact with NCL about this family since if anyone deserved and upsell they did (long story but it has been a hard year) anyhow they are on the POA 12/1/07 were four people in an inside and they are now in a balcony for da da da.... 208.00 total for all four of them! So for less that $7.50 per person per day they moved from an inside up to a balcony. Some days I LOVE what I do :D

Here is a great one! I got the call yesterday for some clients of mine, I had been in contact with NCL about this family since if anyone deserved and upsell they did (long story but it has been a hard year) anyhow they are on the POA 12/1/07 were four people in an inside and they are now in a balcony for da da da.... 208.00 total for all four of them! So for less that $7.50 per person per day they moved from an inside up to a balcony. Some days I LOVE what I do :D

That is a fantastic deal and to people who, no doubt, will absolutely appreciate and love the upsell, great going!!!!!!!:D

It certainly made my day! They are a great family who have had a lot of hardship over the past two months so it is a real gift!

I just love it when something good like that happens, gives me that "happy" feeling for days!!!!! It feels good to know someone is going to have an extra special vacation because you helped! Have an extra great day!

Archived