Hyatt downtown Miami

jpres

they hyatt will have at least one restaurant, you can check hyatt.com but miami has lots of great places to eat - you cold go over to bayside, or cab it someplace....there are a few local residents who can answer you better, but i tend to avoid hotel restaurants mainly cause the food isn't always great and tends to cost more than going elsewhere....

jpres, we haven't been there yet, but when we booked our cruise, the mall's website was one of the first places I googled: Bayside Marketplace.

Thanks for the info. We arrive at 11:00a.m. the day before the cruise and I am trying to find something to do.

What southern caribbean ports are you going to? We just returned from the Adventure of the Seas in September.

Thanks for the info. We arrive at 11:00a.m. the day before the cruise and I am trying to find something to do.

What southern caribbean ports are you going to? We just returned from the Adventure of the Seas in September.

You can easily get to the Bayside Market - there is a ram across the street that is great to use during the day. At night, I'd use a cab.

The hotel has a restaurant inside and you can also get a sandwich to go.

Sorry, jpres, I hadn't seen this post until just now. We're doing the Western Caribbean first (Cozumel and Grand Cayman), followed by the Southern Caribbean (Samana, Tortola, Antigua, Barbados and St. Lucia).

I wish we had more time in Miami, but flying very early from the West Coast puts us in there a little before 3:00. That doesn't leave much sightseeing time. We might catch a cab and go over to Miami Beach. I can't imagine going all the way to Miami and not seeing it! Someone on another thread recommended an upcoming area near the Hyatt, just across the Brickell Bridge, for dinner that night.

Where are you from in Texas? I'm originally from El Paso.

Bayside Marketplace is a fun spot !!

There are lots of shops and restaurants/bars/ice cream places...good place to walk around.....feel safe.

We always go there when our ship leaves from Miami...it's a relaxing evening....can watch the small tour boats go out...and they're all aglow with lights !!

We usually eat at a place right along the water.....maybe called Snapper's(??).

Enjoy,

Sharon

Sorry, jpres, I hadn't seen this post until just now. We're doing the Western Caribbean first (Cozumel and Grand Cayman), followed by the Southern Caribbean (Samana, Tortola, Antigua, Barbados and St. Lucia).

I wish we had more time in Miami, but flying very early from the West Coast puts us in there a little before 3:00. That doesn't leave much sightseeing time. We might catch a cab and go over to Miami Beach. I can't imagine going all the way to Miami and not seeing it! Someone on another thread recommended an upcoming area near the Hyatt, just across the Brickell Bridge, for dinner that night.

Where are you from in Texas? I'm originally from El Paso.

We live near Austin. We were very disappointed in Barbados, at least the places we went to. St. Lucia is much better. Do you recall what the name of the restaurant is?

We will probably check out Bayside market.

Have a great cruise and thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

We went on a cruise out of Miami last March We stayed and ate dinner at the downtown Hyatt in Miami. My husband and I both had a fish dish at the hotel restaurant that was quite good and about 25 dollars. We did go to Bayside Market and after looking at the fast food places and restaurants we were not impressed with the food and went back to the hotel to eat. There is a monorail system that at least last year was free that goes into the Hyatt parking area. The monorail loops around downtown. It felt safer to us to use the monorail than walking the streets around the downtown area after dark. We stayed at the Hyatt precruise for two nights. Our second day we took a bus to South Beach and just walked around and enjoyed the beach. For dinner we went to the Tap Tap Haitian Restaurant in South Beach This restaurant was excellent. The food was very good, the prices reasonable, a very clean restaurant with village murals on the walls. It was a totally enjoyable experience.

. We stayed at the Hyatt precruise for two nights. Our second day we took a bus to South Beach and just walked around and enjoyed the beach. For dinner we went to the Tap Tap Haitian Restaurant in South Beach This restaurant was excellent. The food was very good, the prices reasonable, a very clean restaurant with village murals on the walls. It was a totally enjoyable experience.

Can you tell me more about taking the bus to South Beach? I really want to go there. Where did you catch the bus at? How much did it cost? Did you take the bus back to the hotel too? Was it clean? Thank you so much!

• 6 months later...

We took the local public bus from Downtown Miami to South Beach (we were at the Hyatt and walked about 10 minutes to the bus stop) . It was less than $2.00 each way. The bus dropped us off right in South Beach. I just asked the doorman at the hotel about using public transportation to get to South Beach. As long as public transportation is safe, I enjoy taking it since it gives you a view of the real world and real people of the area. I do always ask the hotel workers about the area related to safety.

Archived