Just Curious......

beth_s

Any 20 sumthin' cruisers out there ..... First time cruiser here lookin' for people around the same age ..... To find out about cool things to do in Cancun, Cozumel, and Playa Del Carmen.... I will be travelin' w/ 2 friends of mine ( all of us first time cruisers ) ..... and we just want to make the best of it... We will be traveling on the Sensation out of NOLA on November 15, 2004......Thanks in advance for any information

I am a 20-something so maybe I can give you some advice. For Cozumel, we took a Catamaran Snorkel Party excursion. It wasn't that great of snorkeling, but with unlimited beer, margaritas and tequila shots, we had a great time. This was one of the highlights of our cruise. Everyone says you have to go to Carlos and Charlies, so we're checking that out in November.

Cancun- I never have been on a cruise that stopped for Cancun, but I have been on a land vacation. Go to Senor Frogs. Strong drinks and a conga line with free tequila shots. The clubs are amazing in Cancun but I doubt you would be in port that late. Let me know if you are and I'll recommend a couple. Also, the shopping is better in Cancun than Cozumel.

Playa del Carmen- There is not a lot to do unless you take a shore excursion and they all sounded kind of boring to me. You dock in Calica which is about 5-10 minutes from Playa. Just take a cab to the public beach. It's a free, beautiful beach.

Is your ship going to Cancun?

The Sensation will not dock in Cancun ....but you can take an excursion thru Carnival.... I think it is about a 45 min bus ride from Playa del Carmen....and I believe ( dont quote me on this) ...but I think it is a 3 hour excursion ...... I will keep you posted when I find out more .... but everyone has said there is not much to do in Playa del Carmen ....and since we will be that close to Cancun would be a shame not to check it out ...... Wooo Hoooo ...Happy Cruisin'....

Beth

I just returned from my first cruise on the Holiday out of NO. You will not have any problems finding 20 somethings on the ship. Ours was full of college age students and they seem to be having lots of fun.

Happy Sailing!

That sounds awesome ... trust me ... we plan to be having fun too ....!!!!

Happy Cruisin'

Beth

Archived