Ok... so I didnt lose 50 pounds...

Ronrocks!

I just got back from shopping... I spent an hour in the dressing room at JCPennys crying... and sweating... Im still picking glitter out of my hair from one horrid dress.. that I just put on because it was a size 14.. I left so frustrated.. My 15 year old daughter just looked at me and said "I love you!"... and we went over to Ross's.. I pulled everything that looked decent and stretchy in my size.. and spent another hour trying on things..and actually found some decent dresses.. one for $16, one for $20 and one for $32... I came home and tried all of the on and my boyfriend is finally happy and is picking out ties to go with the dresses. So I got 3 dresses for the price of one at JCPenny. Im relieved.... now to the Lands end Website.

Awwwwwwwwww. I am so sorry. I know EXACTLY how you feel. On our cruise last summer, I was 30 pounds less than I am now. (The charts say I need to lose 60-75 pounds now.) I HATED every photo of me. So now I can't imagine how the photos will look in less than a month. BUT my husband also loves me no matter how I look, so we need to remember how lucky we are. I am close to several women whose husbands complain about their poundage, and it's A LOT less than mine! :eek: You will see all kinds on the cruise. Try to not be self-conscious and have a GREAT time. Cruising is my favorite vacation--and NOT because of the food!

Edited to add: I've had good luck with http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/ I also notice the Roamans or Lane Bryant catalog I just got this week had swimsuits in it. You'd have to pay for expedited shipping, though. Department stores like Macys or Dillards might still have some.

Robin

Did you get a suit from this site? The prices are reasonable and there are some suits I think I would feel okay in.

Did you get a suit from this site? The prices are reasonable and there are some suits I think I would feel okay in.

I did. I was happy with it. I needed a one-piece and since my top is smaller than my bottom, I was happy with the way it fit. (I got a halter so I could tie it wherever I needed it as I never fill out swim suit bra cups. Sometimes I even cut them out completely. :eek: ) Good luck!

Robin

The cruising ads on TV, and movies about cruises always show young pretty people. Pretty intimadating for us older, rounder saggier types. But I found thats not the reality on the ship. Maybe 10% are the Barbie type, and the rest are just like us. Really.

Also picked up 2 long dresses at Ross, one was $15, and the other $16. SCORE!

I love Lands End!! Their Overstocks section has great prices! I have a tankini I bought a couple years ago--adore it! Also remember--Sears owns Lands End, so if you order something and want to return it, you can bring it to your local Sears store for a refund! Sears stores carry some Lands End clothing & shoes as well, but the selection is limited.

• 3 weeks later...
Gosh.. in April when we originally planned the cruise I thought I had so much time to get my head right and get on a diet and lose (even if it wasnt the 50 pounds).. Im so stressed right now.. thinking about pictures and wearing shorts... I have a wonderful boyfriend who loves me no matter what.. but I can't get over this panicky wanting to cry feeling.

Ive never been on a cruise but I imagine I will see all kinds of people, some bigger Im sure. I wish I could get more excited...

Don't worry about dieting before the cruise-diet AFTER the cruise-that is when you need to! LOL!

Archived