11:40am flight out of LAX? Can we make it?

BethCarp

From San Pedro, off the Monarch on a Monday morning. If we self dis-embark and possibly carry on luggage on the plane. I know about the west coast boards, but I want to purchase this today and figure I'll get more responses here. Thanks!

we ust returned from the San Pedro pier on Oct 13th, we had a 11:38 AM flight and I was freeking out also, we could not do the express as we had too many bags, but got off, took a cab, went through security and was at the gate by 10AM, so unless something goes really wrong , You should have no trouble making it,. people with express started off at 7:30. Have a great trip

Thanks! Although now it looks like we're going to stay an extra night after the cruise. Amazing how things can change in just 5 minutes. :p

Anyway, I'll have fun planning as soon as I can get this airfare booked. I HATE this part of trip planning.

In case your plans change again or if anyone else would like to know, we did the early disembarkation on the Vision on Sunday October 21st. We were told we could leave the ship at 7:30am and by 7:45am were through customs and in a cab on the way to LAX. Our flight was at noon but we were able to get through security and standy by on a 9am flight and made the flight. It was not difficult at all and we had three suitcases and two carry ons between the two of us.

If at all possible, try to fly out of Long Beach instead of LAX. It's a little bit closer, not much, but it can make a difference of 20-30 minutes in traffic. LGB is just a more pleasant airport than LAX :)

For those of you stating that Monarch is a smaller ship, it still holds over 2600 pax, a pretty large number of people all trying to get off the ship at the same time!

BTW every six weeks or so all ship employees go through immigration checks. We have been caught by this twice and didn't get off the ship until 11:00. I don't know if you can call and find out when the check is but might be worth it to try.

Crew check is every 90 days, and it was done last week.

Archived