nice hotel for breakfast before embarkation

winemistress45

We arrive at 5:30 am in FLL the day we embark -- would love to check our luggage with the bell captain at a really nice hotel and have a leisurely breakfast before heading over to the cruise ship terminal.

We'd like a nice view and atmosphere --- perhaps a short taxi ride to the cruise ship --

We need to freshen up and kill a little time....thanks!

The outdoor terrace at The Atlantic would be a great spot for breakfast. http://www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury/property/dining/index.html?propertyID=1475

Another great spot is the Hilton Beach Resort. You can dine indoors or outdoors on the 6th floor overlooking the ocean in their restaurant called 'ilios'.

//////

would going to a hotel at the port be a better idea? or is it not a big deal to just taxi it from the Atlantic hotel for breakfast?

How do I know where my ship will be coming in at port everglades?

Not sure if there is a "nice" hotel with breakfast a la carte with a good view closer to the cruise ship terminal....

thankyou....

if you are near the beach, you are not far from the port.....so cabbing over wouldn't be bad......if i were to go someplace by the port i guess it would be the hyatt.....the renaissance is closer but you can't see anything from their restuarant...and the food wasn't that great...

not sure if you can see anything from the hyatt, but it seems nice...bequia goes there often for lunch iirc.

would going to a hotel at the port be a better idea? or is it not a big deal to just taxi it from the Atlantic hotel for breakfast?

How do I know where my ship will be coming in at port everglades?

Not sure if there is a "nice" hotel with breakfast a la carte with a good view closer to the cruise ship terminal....

thankyou....

You aked for a "nice" hotel for breakfast. Sure you can get breakfast at any hotel closer to the port, Embassy Suites, Renaissance or even Starbucks. A taxi ride isn't a big deal.

When you pass through the port security gate they'll let you know which pier your ship is docked at.

/////

Thank you for your kind response and yes, I do want a "nice" breakfast.

No buffet or average food -- heck, I can get that on a cruise ship....

What I am hoping is that the Atlantic bell captain will hold our luggage for the hour or so we are dining and then we can head over to the cruise ship terminal.

I wonder if they have a spa that you can pay for day use and we could change in the locker room out of our red-eye airline flight clothes????

Any ideas?

I just looked at the atlantic website and it says under spa that its dedicated to their hotel guests...

I hope they will at least hold our luggage while we dine....

you are eating there.....holding luggage shouldn't be a problem....you could always ask if you could use the shower/locker room....they probably have something near their pool or gym...they may say no but it doesn't hurt to ask nicely! just an idea.

you are eating there.....holding luggage shouldn't be a problem....you could always ask if you could use the shower/locker room....they probably have something near their pool or gym...they may say no but it doesn't hurt to ask nicely! just an idea.

Absolutely agree.

Archived