The Bed is Made--Should I Lie In It?

globe9

My gf and I sailed on the Fantasy last year and had requested a queen/king bed. When we boarded and got to our cabin, there were 2 twin beds. I asked our steward if he would convert to the queen/king(not sure what size it was). He said no problem and later on the beds were pushed together. Here was the problem however. The two twins were pushed together leaving a "space" between the mattresses that was very uncomfortable to sleep on. I was wondering if this is just how the two twins are made into a queen/king or if they are supposed to change the top mattress or put a queen/king pad over the two twins so that this isn't noticebale? I did not like this at all and have never seen any mention of it on here and with all the things CC'ers seem to complain about, I would have thought this might have been mentioned before. I requested a Queen/King so that I could sleep with my gf and snuggle together, which was very hard to do with this space/seam/indention right in the middle of the queen/king bed. By the time we fell asleep we were each on either side of the bed since it was so uncomfortable. Can someone please shed some light on this as we are leaving this Sat. on the Fantasy again and want to make sure that if there is something that can be done about this, that it gets done.

:eek: I am in shock...Not married and sharing a bed...I think they put that seem there just for unmarried couples.;)

No problem for my wife and I a couple of years ago...

Was on the glory last dec thought that it was a very comfortable bed and while having a moment of not telling her to get on her side of the bed my knee went in the crack :eek: (i am talking about the crack of the bed) :D but when the moment was over pushed them back togather and could hardly notice. Will update ya about the victory in bout a week and a half when i return.

I had the crack on one of my sailings and just had the steward put a mattress topper(egg crate) on the mattress. You could kinda still feel the crack, but it wasn't that bad. Yes, the beds are VERY comfortable....EXCELLENT mattresses, but the crack thing is a pain. I wish CCL would take RCI's cue and have bedding that would elimanate the crack.

This is the way it is, we never had a problem with it since we didnt sleep right over the crack :D In fact it was fun telling Wendy to stay on her side of the line :eek:

Fred

Maybe this is where the saying, "Don't cross the line" came from??:confused: :D :p

My 16yo daughter and I sailed on the Conquest back in July (HER first cruise) and we were in a Cat 12. We go into the room, I'm watching her face for SOME kind of sign that she is impressed with the size of the room (which later on, when I thought about it, didn't make sense, since it WAS her first cruise and she has never seen the SMALLER rooms on a cruise ship, lol). She has a look on her face alright, she is looking at THE bed, not TWO beds!!:eek: :D I'm sure she was thinking, "Great, I get to sleep in the same bed with my MOM for a whole WEEK"!! She was greatly relieved to know that all we had to do was tell the steward to make it into two beds!:D

Archived