The Bed is Made--Should I Lie In It?

globe9

My gf and I sailed on the Fantasy last year and had requested a queen/king bed. When we boarded and got to our cabin, there were 2 twin beds. I asked our steward if he would convert to the queen/king(not sure what size it was). He said no problem and later on the beds were pushed together. Here was the problem however. The two twins were pushed together leaving a "space" between the mattresses that was very uncomfortable to sleep on. I was wondering if this is just how the two twins are made into a queen/king or if they are supposed to change the top mattress or put a queen/king pad over the two twins so that this isn't noticebale? I did not like this at all and have never seen any mention of it on here and with all the things CC'ers seem to complain about, I would have thought this might have been mentioned before. I requested a Queen/King so that I could sleep with my gf and snuggle together, which was very hard to do with this space/seam/indention right in the middle of the queen/king bed. By the time we fell asleep we were each on either side of the bed since it was so uncomfortable. Can someone please shed some light on this as we are leaving this Sat. on the Fantasy again and want to make sure that if there is something that can be done about this, that it gets done.

My gf and I sailed on the Fantasy last year and had requested a queen/king bed. When we boarded and got to our cabin, there were 2 twin beds. I asked our steward if he would convert to the queen/king(not sure what size it was). He said no problem and later on the beds were pushed together. Here was the problem however. The two twins were pushed together leaving a "space" between the mattresses that was very uncomfortable to sleep on. I was wondering if this is just how the two twins are made into a queen/king or if they are supposed to change the top mattress or put a queen/king pad over the two twins so that this isn't noticebale? I did not like this at all and have never seen any mention of it on here and with all the things CC'ers seem to complain about, I would have thought this might have been mentioned before. I requested a Queen/King so that I could sleep with my gf and snuggle together, which was very hard to do with this space/seam/indention right in the middle of the queen/king bed. By the time we fell asleep we were each on either side of the bed since it was so uncomfortable. Can someone please shed some light on this as we are leaving this Sat. on the Fantasy again and want to make sure that if there is something that can be done about this, that it gets done.

How do you "request" a Queen/King? Whoever you booked with should have explained that the cabin you booked would have two twins pushed together. Many just use duct tape to keep the beds from sliding apart.

The two twins were pushed together leaving a "space" between the mattresses that was very uncomfortable to sleep on.

This is the way it is, we never had a problem with it since we didnt sleep right over the crack :D In fact it was fun telling Wendy to stay on her side of the line :eek:

Fred

You could request a mattress pad be added, that may hide the empty space and make it more comfortable. It was my understanding that either the beds were a queen, or when seperated a slightly smaller single bed. I hope that you find this isn't an issue on this trip

I think they call it the egg crate pad or something.

Fred

That and a few large zip ties work well to prevent bed slippage at the most inopportune moments ;)

Yes, when they put two twin beds together they are supposed to put one mattress pad over the mattresses, and then use one fitted sheet. The matttresses sometimes do come apart a little bit, but its still more comfortable than, say, your average sofa bed.

This will not help with this cruise but in the future, there are some cabins, ask your PVP to help you out, that have Queen beds that do not seperate at all. You may want to book one of those cabins in the future or maybe by then, you will be like some of the other posters and want your own side of the line!

I prefer a distinct line and tell my husband to not cross it. :D Not tonight honey, I have a headache. :D

I am gathering that you are not married to an Italian.

The hell with headaches .....malignant brain tumors don't even put a damper on our spirits

I haven't been on CCL yet but NCL ship had 2 twin beds that were pushed together and had large fitted sheet to make one large bed. We felt the crack but it wasn't bad at all. The beds actually connect to each other so they don't "slip" apart during the wrong moment. Just a slight seam in the center of the bed that isn't uncomfortable.

This thread reminds me of a Saturday Night Live Skit a few years back.

Mrs. Castro , the co founder, owner of Castro Convertible sofa beds had passed away that week.

That Saturday night on Weekend Update they do a news story.

"And sadly Mrs. so and so Castro who with her husband founded the line of sofa beds that bear her name , died peacefully this week at her NYC home at the age of 90. Well as peacefully as you can with a steel bar digging into your spinal column" *LOL*

I hadn't even thought about this being an issue, but now that you mentioned it I'm a bit concerned.

Oh well, I'll have to put that balcony that I paid extra for to good use:D :eek:

i've never thought to ask or even to look at the beds to see if they were two twin beds pushed together or not - i just asked for a queen or king sized bed and that's what i thought i got... LOL this will be my second cruise - and we are also leaving this saturday on Fantasy... but this time i will be cruising with my mom and i pray that we have two seperate beds, cuz my mom is a crazy sleeper - she snores and kicks and whatnot in her sleep and i'll be dammed if i have to sleep in the bed with her.. LOL

I love ya mom(but i know you won't be reading this)..

happy cruising...

Mindi

Archived