Do any nice hotels in miami have airport shuttles?

browniegirl

Hi everyone, we are booked into the BW on the Bay but after receiving terrible reviews, I think we'll cancel. We have the option of using visa reward points at any hotel in Miami, does anyone know of any decent downtown or miami beach hotel that has a complimentary shuttle to the airport? We are looking at Jan 12th and we expect a good hotel will run us a few points....

Thanks if anyone has any suggestions!!!

Browniegirl:D :D

most likely not, but there is supershuttle at MIA airport...can't remember the cost....you can check on line... (but for some reason they can;t give MIA info on line, you have to call them.....weird i know!)

http://www.supershuttle.com/default.aspx?content=Miami

Thanks! I'll check it out, I think it's roughly $15-18 a person from a miami hotel.

We are in a complete quandarry as to our hotel, the BW on the Bay has horrid reviews but it has a free airport shuttle and they will even pick us up at our cruise port. However, we can also book another "nicer" hotel downtown with visa points (whichever hotel we choose) but I was hoping to save.......ya right.......on airport shuttle costs.

Thanks!

Browniegirl

I know the feeling...i like to save as much as possible too...i think you are right about the price....that sounds like what we paid....i may have gotten a coupon someplace too.....

i would see what you can get DT.....i guess you have to book it thru your CC....i would see what is available when you want to go, then check it out on trip advisor.....

Browniegirl: your instincts are correct, Best Western on the Bay has a beautiful view, but that's all. We took a town car $68 two years ago from Fll airport to Miami (Go shuttle). It is a cheap, run down hotel with doors facing the parking lot. It wasn't dirty, just very old and not well kept. Should have known when only pictures available were actually drawings. It is way north of Miami. In January we will stay at the Hyatt Regency in Coral Gables with a good AAA rate. No shuttle, so we'll grab a cab to the port. When we returned from the cruise the town car was waiting to take us back to Fll; we kept in touch by cell phone and he pulled right up when we were ready with our luggage.

Browniegirl: your instincts are correct, Best Western on the Bay has a beautiful view, but that's all. We took a town car $68 two years ago from Fll airport to Miami (Go shuttle). It is a cheap, run down hotel with doors facing the parking lot. It wasn't dirty, just very old and not well kept. Should have known when only pictures available were actually drawings. It is way north of Miami. In January we will stay at the Hyatt Regency in Coral Gables with a good AAA rate. No shuttle, so we'll grab a cab to the port. When we returned from the cruise the town car was waiting to take us back to Fll; we kept in touch by cell phone and he pulled right up when we were ready with our luggage.

Thank you for the info, we certainly do not want to have 3 lovely days in south beach, a wonderful 7 day cruise and then end it on a bad note!!!! I will definitely look into the Hyatt as well. We have a car service picking us up as well at FLL and taking us to south beach before the cruise but we haven't arranged anything from the port or to the airport yet, but I think we can probably wing that. At the very most, we'll just call that shuttle service you mention for a ride to the airport from whatever hotel we do choose. Thanks!!!

or to the airport yet, but I think we can probably wing that. At the very most, we'll just call that shuttle service you mention for a ride to the airport from whatever hotel we do choose. Thanks!!!

HEY!!! Someone else says that too! Cool! I thought I was the only one!!! Hope your hunting is going along well!:D

HEY!!! Someone else says that too! Cool! I thought I was the only one!!! Hope your hunting is going along well!:D

Thanks Meg.........giggle.......I have spent so much time on the computer hunting down a good hotel.........today I will call my cc company and see if the intercontinental is open for points....fingers crossed!!!!!

Leah

Archived