Lanzarote Car Hire

Manx

Hi,

My husband and I are booked on Gem out of Barcelona on 21st November and have arranged some trips through NCL. We do however want to do some different things, and wondered if anyone has organised car hire in Lanzarote and/or Gran Canaria. If so who have you used and do they deliver to cruise port?

Grateful for any info.

Manx,

We are on the same cruise as you. We are going to rent a car from the airport. I read that the airport is only 10 or 15 minutes away, so we will take a taxi to the airport. Anyone know how the roads are on Lanzarote? Also, how long will it take to drive from Arrecife to Mts. of Fire and to Los Jameos del Agua?

Sue

• 1 month later...

Sue:

We (4 of us) are booked on Galaxy out of Miami on May 3 2008. We have around 7 hours at Lanzarote, we like to visit 'Mts of Fire' and the Cave of Los verdes. Have you found out how long does it take to drive from the port to the park? Do we have enough time to visit both places? And what is Los Jameos Del Agus?

Thanks for the informaiton.

Check the site of CICAR, who is a very reputable local rental car company located on all the islands. They often have a location near the port and usually have great prices. We recently (December) rented a car from them at the Tenerife port and were very pleased.

Hank

We just did that while on the Millie in Dec. The taxi fare was about $15 each way, which was much more than we had read on cruise critic. Our ship had docked in Arrecife. Port de Carmen was closer to the airport and would have been a cheaper taxi ride. We shared a ride to the airport with a Brenda on the Millie Dec 2 07 cruise board. The company she rented from let them drop the car in downtown Arricife, saving them the return cab ride. I don't know which company it was.

Hank:

Thank i noticed that thay don't have office at the pier and have to take a taix to the airport to pick up the car, do you have idea how much the taxi fare will be?

po

I guess the question was answered in the previous post. We were very lucky that they just happened to have an office right at the port of Tenerife. By the way, that day in Tenerife was amazing. Driving through the National Park up to the volanco was a very pleasant surprise. We are looking forward to returning to the Canarys.

Hank

Archived