How much do they really use?

live4vacation

We will be bringing our 3 yo DD with us and I was wondering how many toys/activities you bring for them. Do they have a lot of time to play? Are they allowed to bring their things into the kids club? We are going for 7 days and only have one sea day. I am always way too prepared so I tend to totally over pack!! If I bring what I am planning, I would probably have a entire suitcase devoted to toys but I would like to avoid that. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

Do not bring toys for a 3 year old unless you are flying. Then put some toys in a backpack just for them. But once you get onboard, the toys go in the closet never to be seen again until the return home. ;)

You won't want to take them into the kids club. There is already ALOT to do there so you won't need them.

This is how our sea days go with our 3 year old, we eat breakfast, kids beg to go to club. We drop them off. Pick them up at lunch time. Go swimming. Kids beg to dry off and go back to club. :rolleyes: Pick them up to get ready for dinner. Kids WHINE all through dinner to go back to club. :rolleyes: At 7pm, we drop the kids back off and head out for some alone adult time.

Then at 10pm (late enough for my 3 year old), we pick the kids up and they collapse into bed.

I have not cruised with my kids before, but I don't plan on bringing much in the way of toys. I have some beach toys for the beach. My older son has a gameboy and we might get a leapster for my 3yo. These would be mainly for use on the plane or possibly in the room while we're getting ready. I'm bringing a few small books too. My 3yo has a favorite bedtime book and my 6yo just needs to be reading any time he can. Oh and we're bringing bubbles to use at sail away and they can use them on the balcony too.

I have no idea of the rules at the Kids Club, but my older son won't be allowed by me to bring anything into the kids clubs. I *might* allow my 3yo to bring his blankie to the after hours thing. Again if it's allowed and he really wants it. Really though, that's something that can not be replaced so I don't know if we'll do that.

There wasn't really that much 'down' time in the cabin, everyone seemed to get ready rather quickly, anxious to get to the next activity or to dinner. My DDs 4 and 7 didn't play with half of the things they insisted they had to bring. Also, it all just adds to clutter around the cabin, which you definitely don't need :) .

My son is 2 and I found out that Celebrity allows you to check out beach toys along with toddler toys. That being said I'm bringing his blankie (more then one just in case) & teddy, puzzle like thing that has doors that open and close for dinner (he likes to open and close things), doodle pro, paper, washable crayons, probably Mickey (new favorite right now), a truck or train, and because he's 2 I'm bringing some (small) new things to give him in the dining room.

I'm trying to be able to pack his toys and my carry on the boat with me in the same suitcase and and that that suitcase will be his toy box for the cruise.

I'm trying to be able to pack his toys and my carry on the boat with me in the same suitcase and and that that suitcase will be his toy box for the cruise.

I bring a small pop-up hampers that folds flat to use as a toy box (a couple dollars at Target). It's nice to have it sit in the corner as a place to toss everything.

Best,

Mia

We always bring a backpack with us to dinner because its a long meal for a little kid. When he was younger we brought a DVD player and he watched his favorite movies. A small polly pockets type toy, a thomas the train, hot wheels, etc. are great entertainment at dinner. On our last cruise it was gameboy.

As for the room, we have brought a V-smile (big hit at the time), bubbles, and when he was 3 we brought a toy stroller and he had a great time running it around on the golf deck with our friends son (who also had one). He likes to take over my laptop and play games on it also. Its sometimes nice to have a little downtime in the cabin in the afternoon, especially when we tend to be up late watching shows in the evening (he loves the shows). Ohh a couple of favorite books too, and either a flashlight or light-up type toys, glow sticks etc are great fun in the cabin.

Not sure if she can use it, but also not sure why you would want to take up precious space with a life jacket. The muster drill lasts about 20 minutes and then you put those life vests away never to be seen again. I wouldn't bother to bring it along. My guess is that so few, if anyone, has ever doen so that it might cause more confusion to the staff during the drill than anything!!

I would not bring it to the life boat drill. The ship's life jackets also have whistles, light reflectors, etc., and I'd hate to be told during the drill to go back to the cabin to get the official one - easier to just bring theirs to begin with. I do however bring my own for use on the tenders - as much for the ride on the tender as for the transfer from the ship to the tender, which can be a little precarious if the water is choppy.

Best,

Mia

The camp doesn't want ANY outside toys in the camp.

But you find there will be little time for a need of toys.

But I would have just a handful of toys for bedtime or a favorite

book, toy animal, etc. You find they don't have much spare time that

they need to be keep busy with toys.

Archived