Any complaints about discount car rental site?

AZGrandma

The discounthawaiicarrental.com site has been recommended here many times, and I haven't seen complaints, but I thought I better check!

Also, I have never rented a car! :o Do I understand their service correctly: they function as a go-between for you and the rental car co's, and whoever is currently offering the lowest rate for the car you choose gets your reservation through them?

Would love to hear feedback on them.

Thanks,

Leslie

I used the discount website for our Pride of Aloha cruise 10/10 to 10/20. No complaints at all. Their website takes you directly to the car rental website with the corporate code discount inserted on the page. Booked Thrifty via the website for all of our rentals. Signed up for the Blue Chip program on the Thrifty website. Blue Chip is a seperate line for the loyalty program and was quicker at all ports except for 1, I believe it was Kauai. It was really busy and we hopped into the other rental line and were on our way in no time. Rental cars are the way to see the islands. You can do so much more in 1 day instead of just booking one excursion via the cruise line. Julie:)

For our week to Kauai in September, I reserved a convertible for a week with discounthawaiicarrental.com. I ultimatley found a better price by about $60 for the week booking directly at the Thrifty site.

Regards

No complaints with the site at all- but it isn't always the lowest price!

We rented cars on 5 different islands this past summer- used discountcarrental site only 2 of the 5 times because prices directly through the rental agency were cheaper 3 of the 5 times! Also- keep checking the prices- our car on Oahu dropped to nearly 1/2 of the original price just a few weeks before our trip! So- check all options before you book- and then keep checking- it is very easy to reserve a new car and cancel the old!

-JC in CA

No complaints here - Thrifty Bluechip worked fine. I too shopped around but didn't find a lower price. BTW you should consider Collision Damage Waiver Insurance. Check with your insurance company and with your credit card company to see if you will be covered for damage to the rental car and IMPORTANTLY loss of use to the rental car company. You may want to buy this coverage either through the agency(expensive but convenient) or through an outside vendor for trip insurance.

Archived