4X4 Desert Safari Shore Excursion--Cabo?

Bruin Steve

Anyone ever done this excursion?

My wife and I were going over shore excursion choices for March while on the Vision...and she thought this one sounded good...(I was thinking maybe Tods Santos...but the description on the RCCL website sounds pretty dull)

It sounds a little like the one we're doing in Puerto Vallarta--the "Unimog" tour (We've done that one before and she wants to go again)...Of course the PV one is 8 hours for only $86 and includes a BBQ lunch...but, other than that, it sounds similar--same vehicles...into the mountains...nature hike, etc.

So, if you've done this one, what did you think? Thanks...

4X4 Desert Safari - CS60

4 hour(s)

11:30 AM

*98.00 USD (Adult)

Discover the rugged interior and beautiful landscapes of Cabo San Lucas on this wild adventure! Each 4x4 Mercedes Benz "monster truck" is accompanied by a knowledgeable eco guide who will take you off-roading through the heart of Baja California to visit some amazing sights.

Your route includes a stop at a desert oasis and a "wild west" Mexican settlement. Your guide will also take you on a fascinating nature hike in search of the hidden treasures of this deceptive desert landscape -see its many plants and learn how nature has adapted them to survive with almost no water; see its diverse and surprising animal life, including "el caracara" a magnificent bird of prey who drops bones from high altitude to be able to break them. A stop for refreshments and a light snack is made before your final off-road leg which will take you back to Cabo San Lucas via a spectacular coastal route. From November through April you may even catch a glimpse of the magnificent whales roaming these waters.

Please note that you must be a minimum of 8 years of age to participate. Guests with walking disabilities, neck or back problems should not participate in this tour.

Both tours are in unimogs, and both are run by the same company. Not sure I'd recommend doing both on one cruse, since they are similar.

The one in Cabo is pretty new, so not many people may have done it already. The one in PV has been running for years.

I'd recommend trying a different type of tour in one place or the other - even though you see different terrain, the theme is similar.

Just food for thought. Have a great time!

Archived