Celebrity and the CND dollar

selltile

O.k. they don't work fast. Cruiselines are historically very slow to react to currency changes. Get around the problem just book in US$ and pay by credit card. The credit card companies react very quickly to changes in rates.

We just booked on the 12/21 Summit cruise and I noticed a big difference in the price....and not a good one! I asked to be quoted in U.S. although we live in Vancouver. If you have already booked, not sure what your recourse is..good luck.

Book in US $!

Right now the cruise lines have not caught up with the increase in the Canadian $. Just book in US and enjoy the benefits. You may have to talk to more than 1 rep to make it happen but they will book you in the currency of your choice even if it includes air from a Canadian airport!

We book in Us now, for the reasons stated above. Interestingly, onboard expenses are billed out at a much more current rate, which means they must be running more than one system.

It's refreshing in a perverse way. So many Canadian retailers are gouging us on the exchange rate right now so it's nice to be gouged by foreign companies, too. Soon, Canadian retailers will be whining about all the cross-border shopping. I will have no pity for them

Archived