Pull down bed question

TracersQQ

We are leaving, on the Glory, in less than a month. I recently read that there is a weight limit on the pull down bed (250#). My son is a little over this weight limit and he is 6'2". My husband won't be able to sleep in the pull down, due to a back problem, from a car accident, . There is no way I am sleeping in it, especially with limited movement in my right leg - this would make it very hard to get into that bed. If I got in, there is no way I can get down. My question is, do you think my son is going to have a problem with this bed? Should I let our steward know, when we board or should I call my PVP and see what she says? I never gave any thought to this, before. I just assumed my son would sleep in it.

I agree call the PVP some of the rooms have sofa slepers and You can also get roll-away beds. Not knowing the lay out of your cabin I would definately check it out. You may be able to switch cabins. You could always get on deck and cover up in a lounge chair....grin...

The weight limit is a standard for the bunks. I would not risk having anyone I loved up there over the limit. If something did occur and they were injuried, it would be all your fault and not the cruise line. That said, call your PVP asap, hope you can grab a cabin with a single sofa (back comes off and you have a nice single bed, much nicer than the fold out sleeper sofa with the bar in the middle. If you just cannot change cabins, you can always pull the mattress off the bunk onto the floor for sleep and returnit in the morning (actually the steward will do this for you all). It may be a bit floor space crowded but it will work.

If something is rated for 250#, that doesn't mean that it will break if you put 251# on it. There is a safety factor in that rating, probably 2x or even 3x the weight. A 260 or 270# person would have no problems, a 450# person might. And the beds are long enough for a 6'2" person (I am one).

Archived