Has Princess Changed Buffet Procedure (as reported) Or Not?

ManhattanCruiser

For someone who has only been on TWO ships - and neither of them Princess I am totally confused!

Aren't you 'allowed' to go back to the buffet after you have taken one course? Or must you go back through the whole buffet again, even if you don't want another dinner plate?

I think I will just stay in my room and order in when we go on the Grand!!

:D

All buffets do not allow you to take any used plate back into the buffet. On Princess, the "platters" are at the entrance and to get another platter, one would have to wait in the entrance line. But if all one wants are say, fruit or corned beef hash, dessert or salad (at lunch), etc. then there are bowls and small plates near those "stations". One just by passes the line and goes directly ignoring any annoyed glances from those uninitiated pax! /Sultan

Or must you go back through the whole buffet again, even if you don't want another dinner plate?

Thanks, Sultan! I didn't mean that I would take my dinner plate back - I meant I might like a small item and therefore wouldn' need another 'platter'.

I will just burst out crying if anyone gives me an annoying look! That should let me sneak in for a little morsel on a small plate!

That sounds good - I hope they are not replacing Afternoon TEA with Cookies and Milk???

Does anyone know if they will still have Afternoon Tea?

Don't worry.....afternoon tea in one of the dining rooms is not being discontinued. The cookies and milk is a new ADDITIONAL feature. This feature is definitely already on the Emerald (at least)

Thanks, Sultan! I didn't mean that I would take my dinner plate back - I meant I might like a small item and therefore wouldn' need another 'platter'.

I will just burst out crying if anyone gives me an annoying look! That should let me sneak in for a little morsel on a small plate!

Save your tears, Aunty:) . You can go back as many times as you like with no probs at all. We always prefer to approach our buffet meals as a series of small courses rather than loading everything up on one plate first time round.

This is really funny. I was on the Emerald last week and everyone was complaining that the buffet food was awful and the pizza was just plain gross. Never a line at the pizza place and I saw many people leaving it behind on tables as it was too nasty to eat and always old..

Few of the things in that article are in place! You could not even notice theme nights in the resturants. The menus have gotten shorter and the options fewer. All of the beef tasted boiled. Room service was the same as always with a very short menu and long weights for anything. The only thing we got within 30 minutes was booze.

Again, Princess tells the public one thing and does the exact opp.

The only thing in that press release we saw was silver on the tables rather than on the line. Problem is that we often had to hunt down servers to give us silver as they do not keep up with resetting the tables... To many people and not enough help to keep it up. Better off the old way. Would pref to get silver at the line and have them post a guard to make everyone uses the hand sanatizer. Almost nobody does anymore and this is more important to me than having to carry my own napkins...

There's some other cool sounding stuff coming too...fresh baked cookies and milk being served throughout the ship, pizza delivery to the cabin (that might be an extra charge, not sure). I tried to copy from a PDF file but I can't access it right now.

We had cookies and milk being served in the afternoons around the pool, they cookies were yummy, warm and 3 kinds. Not sure if it was everyday or just sea days.

You may be doing a lot of crying on your cruise:D :D :D

There is another thread going about "trays" -- so I'll avoid that topic here...

...but it's been posted by a few people on that thread that on the Diamond recently one of the access points (the furthest aft) had been closed off with a "bread and roll" display case.

It has also been reported that people are waiting "in a line" pretty much all the time, it sounds... which really concerns me.

I used to love the way Princess buffet food "stations" were set up. I always notice lines on sailaway day... but usually people would get the hang of the (old?) Princess buffet concept.

I'm hoping that this was just a failed experiment on the Diamond during these posters cruise.

Have others experienced this new "get in line" procedure on any Princess ships?

You didn't ALWAYS have to stand in line, but at the peak hours (11:30-2:00 lunch), (7:00-10:00 breakfast) I normally saw lines. The configuration with only one entrance was frankly mass confusion, with everyone running into everyone else. Several people who sat with us commented on how confusing it was.

rdhead43

Archived