best motion sickness meds

winemistress45

Try Wal-mart golfett. I have bought my bonine there and it said, non drowsy. It has never made me drowsy either.

Here is a websight with cruise diva that some might want to read. It's pretty good. She gives a lot of information.

http:// www. cruisediva .com /seasick.htm

Note: you'll have to take the spaces out, but you get the drift.

For the one and only time I needed any sort of motion sickness medication, in June from Bermuda to Tortola, I took generic dramamine from CVS. I purchased it from Noah, thinking he may get sick on his1st cruise, but alas it was I the seasoned cruiser who needed it!

It worked fine, however I took it before going to bed, so I don't know if it made me drowsy, but I got a good night sleep in rough seas:)

Hope this helps,

Laura

For those who have heard of "Mythbusters" on the discovery channel, they did some testing on various seasickness cures about two years ago.

The only product that worked without side effects for both test subjects was taking ginger pills. The over-the-counter pharmaceutical drug they tested also worked, but it had side-effects.

Granted, their scientific methods aren't the best (after all, their show is intended to entertain, not to be the subject of a serious scientific journal), but it's still something to consider.

I've never been seasick on a cruise, even when others are miserable. I've forgotten whether it's B1 or B3 that does the trick, so I carry B100's to sea. One tablet, rarely two needed, works for me without any side effects, for any stomach upset including that which is caused by eating the wrong food!

MMC

Archived