??? about booking another cruise

kidless

We currently have our first RCI cruise booked for May 11th it is 7 days on the Mariner. I also have a 4 day booked on Carnival for next September.........which they now want more money for but that is another thread. DH and I are thinking of canceling our 4 day Carnival and booking on a 4 day RCI at the same time. We know RCI is more expensive but we are ready for the upgrade as the ships offer more, returning guests get more and we are ticked at Carnival right now. So here are my questions.

Should we wait till we are on board in May to book for September cause I heard you get perks when doing so (not sure what perks there are)? But then we are afraid price would be higher that much closer to sailing.

We have also heard once you sail you get some kind of coupons or points toward your next cruise we have a Jr Suite booked on Mariner and are looking at upgrading to higher suite on the 4 day I believe it was Sovereign of the Sea's (smaller Ship)

Does the smaller ships offer the concierge bar for the higher category suites?

Any other input please let us know....:D

And I know RCI may also institute the Fuel charge but we are still miffed with Carnival as we have cruised many times with them and spent mucho money on our S&S...............

We currently have our first RCI cruise booked for May 11th it is 7 days on the Mariner. I also have a 4 day booked on Carnival for next September.........which they now want more money for but that is another thread. DH and I are thinking of canceling our 4 day Carnival and booking on a 4 day RCI at the same time. We know RCI is more expensive Not always, but we are ready for the upgrade as the ships offer more, returning guests get more and we are ticked at Carnival right now. So here are my questions.

Should we wait till we are on board in May to book for September cause I heard you get perks when doing so (not sure what perks there are)? You would get On board credit and for a 4 day it would be 50$ per cabin, not that much, but the higher number of days the higher the obc.But then we are afraid price would be higher that much closer to sailing. It is the chance you take,but you could book it now and if you don't care about the room because you could lose it, when you meet with the Loyalty Ambassador they will cancel and rebook it if the prices haven't changed.

We have also heard once you sail you get some kind of coupons or points toward your next cruise we have a Jr Suite booked on Mariner and are looking at upgrading to higher suite on the 4 day I believe it was Sovereign of the Sea's (smaller Ship) Each cruise you take you get 1 credit, you get a bonus credit for JS or above and you get an additional bonus for 12+ days. When you reach Platinum(5 credits)you get balcony discounts and many other perks. If you book this 2nd cruise you would have 4 points after that.

We currently have our first RCI cruise booked for May 11th it is 7 days on the Mariner. I also have a 4 day booked on Carnival for next September.........which they now want more money for but that is another thread. DH and I are thinking of canceling our 4 day Carnival and booking on a 4 day RCI at the same time. We know RCI is more expensive Not always, but we are ready for the upgrade as the ships offer more, returning guests get more and we are ticked at Carnival right now. So here are my questions.

Should we wait till we are on board in May to book for September cause I heard you get perks when doing so (not sure what perks there are)? You would get On board credit and for a 4 day it would be 50$ per cabin, not that much, but the higher number of days the higher the obc.But then we are afraid price would be higher that much closer to sailing. It is the chance you take,but you could book it now and if you don't care about the room because you could lose it, when you meet with the Loyalty Ambassador they will cancel and rebook it if the prices haven't changed.

We have also heard once you sail you get some kind of coupons or points toward your next cruise we have a Jr Suite booked on Mariner and are looking at upgrading to higher suite on the 4 day I believe it was Sovereign of the Sea's (smaller Ship) Each cruise you take you get 1 credit, you get a bonus credit for JS or above and you get an additional bonus for 12+ days. When you reach Platinum(5 credits)you get balcony discounts and many other perks. If you book this 2nd cruise you would have 4 points after that.

what exactly are the balcony discounts at the platinum level? i will be there after my upcoming cruise.

what exactly are the balcony discounts at the platinum level? i will be there after my upcoming cruise.

PlatinumBalconydiscount is,

$50 for 3-5 nights

$100 for 6-8 nights

$200 for 9 nights or above

DiamondBalconydiscount is,

$100 for 3-5 nights

$200 for 6-8 nights

$300 for 9 nights or above

Archived