CP cruisers..what did you pay??

P.A.

I know you don't mention TA's but what about booking online with all of these crusie companies, is that safe? I could have got our rate $100 cheaper a person online but didn't feel safe doing so (it is our first cruise) so I went with our TA and she made a big mistake in our booking and didn't do ANYTHING to compensate. So now I feel I should have just booked online I probably would have been better off.

You'll find strong proponents both ways on this. It depends on your prior experience and comfort level. Sounds like you need a new TA regardless!!

Online TAs are just like brick-and-mortar in that there's a "real person" at the other end who becomes YOUR TA. I've stuck with my local TA whom I've known and dealt with for several years, and will match just about anything I can find online; if not in the actual fare, then in added shipboard credit, etc. I might try using an online broker at some point in the future, but she's not given me a reason to try anyone else.

I guess it's like going back to the same car dealer over and over because you've had good customer service experiences and you trust them, or using one of the web-based discount franchises that are all over the place now.

I did not know that you weren't suppose to discuss what you'd payed for your cruise. Stupid me! No wonder I stepped on so many toes here! Please forgive me.

But thanks for all the replies. I am satisifed with what I'd payed I guess, but was just curious if I was even in the ballpark.

Next time, I may try going through a travel agent. This time I did it on my own directly through Princess.

It won't be long now! Just 24 days! I'm praying Ivan stalls out and we don't have to worry about him much longer. It's a shame what distruction there is in Florida and the other Islands. I'm so disappointed that we won't be visiting Princess Cays. And I will really be disappointed if we change to a Western itinerary, cause I was really looking forward to St Thomas & St Maarten.

Pam, a lot of people don't mind discussing what they paid on a cruise. On the roll call threads you'll see there is almost always info about how much travelers paid. The subject is taboo for some and not others, if it is taboo, they don't need to answer. To me it is helpful in finding if you can do better in the future. Heck, the more money you save the more money you have for future cruises:D

Again, I think you did just fine.

Habe a great time and welcome to cruise critic:)

Archived