Which Hotel in Vancouver?

pbk917

We just stayed in the Pan Pacific -- right above Canada Place-- bellmen take luggage right to the ship -- we stayed in a BEAUTIFUL two-bedroom suite and watched the ships go out Saturday evening and watch our ship come in on Sunday am -- can walk to restaurants, shopping, etc. in gaslight district.

We always stay at the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center. It's gorgeous, new, close to great shopping on Robson St., and frequently you can get great deals online at http://www.starwood.com. Having said that, the Hyatt Downtown is also fantastic and we'd stay there again without hesitation. Both are less than 5 min from cruise terminal.

Pan Pacific is, without a doubt, the most convenient (it is AT the cruise terminal) but it can get pricey on weekends during cruise season because vacancy rates at that hotel on the days immediately before and after cruises are particularly low.

If you look at a map of downtown Vancouver, you will see that the cruise terminal is actually downtown (downtown area of Vancouver is on a peninsula) and so any hotel in downtown Vancouver could be a maximum of, say, 10 minutes from the cruise ship.

I've stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront Center, right across from Canada Place.

Just as nice as the Pan Pacific and much cheaper. My favorite hotel in Vancouver is the Georgian Court, about a half mile from Canada Place and the Gaslight District.

Reggie:D

Just for clarification:

I live in Vancouver and to my understanding Vancouver is not on a peninsula and it is Gastown not Gaslight district. It is by history the area where Vancouver got its start.

Hotels many fine hotels in downtown Vancouver where everything is virtually within walking distance. While here try strolling through Stanley Park and getting some fish & chips at 2nd Beach.

we are a family of 3 from Seattle and we go to Vancouver at least once a year.

we have enjoyed stays at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver and the Four Seasons, both with offseason deals, right in the heart of the downtown fun and as mentioned earlier, not far from the port. went up two weeks and ago and just for the heck of it, gave Priceline a whirl to see what sort of 4-star deal we could come up with -- for $75 plus fees we got the Hyatt Regency Vancouver, also right in the middle of everything and a pleasant place to stay.

One family factor I should mention -- our son (now 8) loves to swim. The Hotel Vancouver has nice-enough indoor pools (including a shallow kiddie pool) but the Four Seasons was our all-time fave ... its pool is half indoors & half outdoors (heated enough that even though our last stay there was winter '02, we enjoyed swimming the entire pool) ... TR

i live in L.A. and work in Vancouver for the past nine years. i prefer the Pacific Palisades, the Metropolitan, Sutton Place, Westin Grand, or if you are looking for an inexpensive hotel in a great location, the Blue Horizon. No matter where you stay, a cab ride to the pier is about 8 dollars canadian so that is not the issue. forget shopping in gastown, Robson street is where it's at!

After our recent Summit cruise, we stayed at the Sutton Place...

Our rooms were spacious and elegantly decorated...The front desk and concierge were very professional and helpful...

But, best of all, the location was absolutely perfect...

The Sutton Place sits at perhaps the premier intersection in Vancouver--at Burrard and Robson...All of the best shopping (ask my wife and daughters) is right there...along Robson and in the Granville Mall (which is a couple of blocks away on Granville, starting on Robson)...and there are a wide variety of restaurants along Robson within a few blocks of Burrard... You can walk to most anything...and what you can't walk to is a short cab ride away...

I researched every hotel in Vancouver while preparing for our cruise. We ended up staying at the Blue Horizon on Robson Street. Robson Street is a very busy shopping and entertainment street. We stayed on one of the upper levels and didn't hear any noise from the busy street bellow. Our cruise was right in the middle of August (a very expensive time to travel with summer holidays and peak season) I choose the Blue Horizon because alot of people arriving for our wedding were on a budget and it was the most reasonably priced hotel that was still in the downtow area. It is an older hotel that has been remodeled. It has an indoor lap pool and hot tub which I really wanted. And every room has its own balcony. From our room we watched our ship pull into port on the day we married and set sail. It was wonderful.

http://www.bluehorizonhotel.com

I stayed at the Hyatt in May before my Infinity trip. Hyatt was a great location - a few blocks from Robson street and not that far from pier (we actually walked back after cruise, but we travel light). The best part was that I got it on priceline for $62/night.

MRR210: You got a great deal pricewise - $62 - for overnight accommodations at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver Hotel. Hubby and I, along with 2 other couples, stayed there also in May/June pre-cruise, Infinity, to Alaska. It was a great hotel, but we paid $170 per night.

Archived