Upgrades

mp cruiser

I think they use a "Magic 8-Ball". Seriously, while there are factors [the number of times you cruised with Carnival/the price you paid/the number of people on the ship/when you booked] that "come into play", whether you will/won't get an upgrade is anybody's guess.

In short, never book a cabin category with the expectation of getting an upgrade. Be happy with what you originally paid for.

I've gotten three upgrades in 16 cruises. And the most recent one was a 5-category upgrade. Sounds impressive...until you realize the sole benefit was getting me 100 yards closer to the Dining Room [on a non-CCL ship].

Yup, you read that right. On the Victory asked for an oceanview guarantee and received an 8A balcony.

On the Spirit, which we leave for this Sunday, we requested an 8A guarantee and got a 9A deluxe balcony.

On the Destiny we asked for an 8A guarantee and received an 8D Balcony.

On the Liberty we were told by phone and on fax we will be upgraded on it too. Again, asked for an 8A guarantee.

All times we booked well in advance and paid total amount within 4 months of booking.

Both Victory and Spirit we used a T/A.

Destiny and Liberty delt directly with Carnival.

Hope this helps. We are very happy with Carnival.:D

I'm getting married 9/18 and we're going on our first cruise for our honeymoon on the Legend out of NYC 9/20. We are paying for our own wedding and all so we booked a room we almost couldn't afford- 8A for the balcony. Like 3 months ago we were upgraded to an extended balcony, 8G. We were soooo happy! 2 weeks ago we got our docs on a Thurs with a room number and all. The next day my TA called and said that we can no longer get that upgrade. I was like *****?!?! She says, "You've been upgraded to a suite!"

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I have a room number and all & it is just a dream come true in like 100 ways!

~Jen~

Bride to be from EHT (NJ)

Dynaribbon. So happy for you. Bet you are so excited. To by pass all those lines and all. And just think. You will be part of the Skippers Club. Congratulations on the wedding and have a very enjoyful cruise. A honeymoon cruise is the way to go. The best of luck and HAVE A GOOD TIME.

Dawn & Wayne

I used a small TA and was upgraded 6 categories. I booked and paid in full about 3 months out for a 7A on the Pride. This is why I am of the opinion that because I paid in full well before the "due date", that they started moving me around right away in order to accomidate other passengers that wanted to book at varying price points, or categories.

For the last 8 weeks before the cruise date, these price points went upside down. A category 4C, 4D, 4E, 5A, and 6A cost the same or more per person more than a category 7A.

Interesting.

I booked a Oct cruise in early Dec. Paid in full. 10 full months in advance I let them keep my money because I thought the same as you Venture.. I got my assignment this past week. I got what I paid for. Lots of people got upgraded that week. But I paid a great deal less then what they paid.

Archived