When to book air?

letsgoeverywhere

We are going on our cruise in April and were able to use frequent flier miles to book the airfare.

We found that the airfares that Avalon gave us were about the same as what we could get ourselves. I agree that you really have to do your research. This time we were lucky to be able to use our miles to book the airfare ... which gave us a better flight than what Avalon would give us (the thoughts of going through Heathrow on British Airways gave me the chills ... and on the way back the flight would land at one of the London airports and leave to go back to the states from the other London airport).

Some websites like farewatcher might be able to give you some help in determining when to purchase.

Good luck!!!

I agree - if you find a good flight schedule - book it. A good point to start is kayak.com. It finds literally dozens of flight-combinatons for you and gives you prices and you get an idea what to expect. I wish I could have booked our flight yet for our cruise in October, but it's still too early --- and fuel surcharges are going up !

I have gotten some really good fares thru Orbitz. I was watching a fare non stop to Rome and saw it drop $600.00 one morning and I quickly booked it. By that night,just about 8 hours later it was back up to $1750.00. So anyway if you are watching fares you should check them several times a day.The second they drop book it!!!

Archived