Seattle Hotel - near Amtrak

SJCSuzy

Hi Everybody,

We're planning a cruise on the Coral Princess next July from Vancouver and are planning on flying to Seattle and taking the train up. Does anybody have a hotel recommendation? We're hoping to find something relatively close to the Amtrak station. I know the Best Western is closest but they seem to have a 2 night minimum during our time. Any other hotels you guys could recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Suzy

There is a brand new Silver Cloud Inn that is just a few blocks away from the train station. It's right between Safeco Field (where the Mariners play) and Qwest Field (when the Seahawks play). It's not a long walk from the train station, but if you have all of your luggage I wouldn't want to walk it. It would be a really cheap cab ride to there.

You'd only be about a 3-6 minute cab ride from the pier as well.

Here is the website.

Good luck!

http://www.silvercloud.com/

that's probably it..there really isn't anything near the train station....it's in an OK area....but it isn't too great late at night or early in the AM....i would cab it!

the train leaves fairly early and there is nothing to eat in the station so plan accordingly......(you can eat on the train)

the train ride is very nice...going up, you want to try and get a seat on the left to see the water.

www.amtrakcascades.com

Silver Cloud is brand new, and is within quick walking distance of King Street Station (less than 10 minutes. even dragging luggage), and I have never had any problems walking that particular route at that time of the morning.

Also nearby is the Best Western Pioneer Square Hotel. You could walk from there, too, but I would not recommend it at 6:00 am (which is when the station opens and passengers start to pour in for the Cascades train). Taxi would be less than $5.00 as it is only about 1 mile or less.

Thanks for you suggestions everybody. We decided to book at the Quality Inn and Suites on Aurora Ave North. Anybody stay there and have any info? We're only going to be there the 1 night so were hoping it's a fairly decent place.

Thanks again for your help!

Suzy

This particular property is near Seattle Center. If you don't mind construction noise and LOTS of traffic, it is not a bad area per se. But, that said, I would also recommend that you stay away from the clubs and bars on nearby 1st Av after dark, and from the area of 3rd/4th Avs and Pike/Pine near Westlake Center during the same time frame. Otherwise, thre are plenty of places nearby to eat and see (EMP, Seattle Center/Space Needle, the Market, et cetera). As with any big city, just keep your eyes open and your valuables inconspicuous (and ignore the panhandlers by not even speaking to them) and you will be fine.

If you like sports bars and that kind of food, there is a good one nearby called Sport Restaurant at the corners of 5th Broad and Denny directly across from the Space Needle, and I highly recommend them, particularly if you are a sports fan and want to catch up on the goings on while you are away from home.

Archived