How do we get from Orlando to Port Canaveral?

MarciaD

My family is considering Glory next July, but have some questions. (1) If we fly to Orlando, and we plan to one day early, what type of transportation should we use to get to the port? (2) Can anyone recommend an OK hotel to spend the night in before the cruise? Is there a certain time of the year when it's cheaper to book flights? So far, the cheapest I've found flying from Kansas City, MO to Orlando was $221, but it was only $177 if we fly to Tampa. Thanks, Marcia

There are a couple of options, but the one we and many posters recommend is to spend the night at the Radison in Cocoa Beach. I've also heard that Ron Jons Caribe Resort is nice as well but we have never stayed there.

For transportation, our group of 4 always rents a minivan at the airport (both Avis and Budget have offices in Cocoa beach just minutes from the ship). That way we have the van for the entire day to go to Ron Jons for tee shirts and stuff and then to Grills for dinner. In the morning we use the van to take the luggage to the ship, then return the van and take the free Avis or Budget shuttle back to the ship. When we return we take the shuttle back to Budget or Avis and then rent for the return trip to the airport. Last May the rental from Budget was $73.00 each way. There are also a number of shuttle services. I have heard that Art's Shuttle is very good. I am using them this October since we're going down that morning and not spending the night. It's $55 for up to 3 people and $10 for each additional person.

I'm sure others will have very good suggestions as well. Have a great cruise.

Is there a certain time of the year when it's cheaper to book flights? So far, the cheapest I've found flying from Kansas City, MO to Orlando was $221, but it was only $177 if we fly to Tampa. Thanks, Marcia

I've never spent more than $125 to fly out of KC to Orlando. Wait till closer to your cruise. Also, check Southwest they run sales often but they don't sell the air till about 3-4 months before you want to fly.

Hey! Kansas City, KS here. We are flying into Orlando one day early for our trip on the Fantasy in Feb (ship leaves on Superbowl Sunday...go Chiefs) and we are staying in Orlando at the Wingate Inn. Then on Sunday morning we will be going back to the airport and taking the carnival shuttle to Port Canaveral. Our travel Agent keeps telling us we want to fly Southwest, as they have a non stop flight, but we are waiting on it to go on sale and see how much. I would be interested to find out the cheapest flights too. But really really like the idea of non stop! Have a good day. Lisa:)

Archived