Infinity trip report Panama Canal

evoni

http://evoni.blogspot.com/

We were on the September 29th, Panama Canal cruise on the Infinity. While I'm going to write up a short trip report to place in the review section of Cruise Critic the one above is long and has photos and short movie clips included in it. It's in blog format so unless you click on the right or the bottom of the page to move to old posts first, you will be reading it chronological backwards. :) Also if you are on a dial up connection instead of a high speed one, it might not be possible to view it.

We were lucky enough to get invited to several parties held by our friends (who we met on our Cruise Critic roll call) Bonnie, Rich and Merce who had one of the two Penthouse staterooms, and there are a few movie clips of those included. There are also photos of the Classic Grande Cru dinner at the SS United States restaurant which was an experiment they tried during our cruise and might be offered at some point on future cruises. That dinner included a Lobster and Truffles Souffle that was outstanding and I hope to have again on a future cruise (cross fingers).

We had a few small glitches early in this cruise but it ended up being great and our favorite cruise so far. :)

Diana

Hi, Diana!

What a fantastic review of our cruise with pictures and movies included. You truly captured the spirit of the voyage due to Infinity's outstanding staff and crew, our fellow CC Infinitians and other new friends we made onboard.

We met on our Roll Call but by the time we were officially introduced, (how convenient your stateroom was above us-meant to be!) it felt as if we were longtime friends. It made it extra special to share so many special events with you and Randy. More to come! Look out Solstice Inaugural Voyage!

Thank you, Diana. I know this was a labor of love but all your hard work is appreciated by Rich and me.

Bonnie

I'll make sure Merce sees it too. She'll be home soon but I'll e-mail it to her daughter so they can see it now!

Thanks so much for the effort and time you spent in writing this review. Your writing and pictures are wonderful. We who are stuck at home (and in the snow today in southern Ontario!) really appreciate it. It's great to live vicariously through a review such as this, while awaiting our next cruise.

What a wonderful review. You should submit it, as is, to the Review section. We were on the Summit through the PC in February. You pictures/movies brought back some very pleasant memories. That cruisie was one of our best also.

Thank you for sharing.

FANTASTIC !!!

Thank you so very much for such a well composed review, together with great pix and videos.

Superb work.

Since we did the full transit ourselves last December, this brought back delightful memories.

Cheers

:)

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you enjoyed the trip report. I'm happy I did it and now can refresh my own memory in the future on the trip. Doing the blog has inspired me to improve my digital photo skills so I'm likely going to take a digital photography course before our next cruise and hope I pick up some pointers. :)

Bonnie, a lot of the high points of the cruise was the company. We're certainly looking forward to sailing with you, Rich and Merce again! Thanks for posting links to this on the roll call and Panama threads.

Diana

Diana,

It was my pleasure to post the trip report info. It was meant to be shared as you did a great job on this review. As others have mentioned the excellent narrative matched the pictures and video you posted.

As for the digital photography, I have so much to learn. After Christmas, I am going to start getting to the Apple store to take advantage of the photography workshops and the one on one training they offer.

You're right. Sharing events on this cruise is what made it so extra special. Thanks again for all the good times and of course, reliving them whenever we want by reading your blog.

Bonnie

Bonnie, that would be great if you took a course too. I have a feeling that since our next cruise is the inaugural of the Solstice there will be a lot of interest in any photos that we post for that ship! BTW, I use a desktop PC for most things, but I'm thinking of breaking down and getting an Mac Power book for my laptop so maybe I'll take one of their courses too. :)

Diana

• 2 months later...

Diana, great job recording your trip in your Blog. Thanks for sharing. The trip seems so long ago. I hope some day to record trips as good as you.

Surprised to see people still responding to the thread. It's such a nice thing to see people meet good friends as all of you did. I tried to catch people at the muster with no luck.

Has anyone been to the Galapagos? Looking in to going in May on Celebrity.

Hope everyone continues to enjoy life, travel and meet new friends.

Kelly

Hi, Kelly!

I am so glad you found Diana's excellent review of our cruise. Didn't she capture in words and pictures a terrific overview of our fantastic voyage on Infinity?

Sorry we didn't get to spend more time together. The invitations to the sail away from Cartagena party were to those who gave me their stateroom #'s before we sailed or who called me onboard.

Our roll call is still active and some of us are planning our own reunion cruise on Eclipse in 2010. Please stay in touch and hopefully, we will sail together again! Best wishes to you and Dan.

Bonnie

Hi Kelly, thanks so much, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. Enjoy your trip to the Galapagos, I haven't been there yet, but have read that it's wonderful. To echo Bonnie, our roll call is still semi-active so please stop in when you have time. Also when you return from the Galapagos why don't you post in there and tell us how it was?

Take care,

Diana

Archived