Curacao-Actief full payment before tour--ok?

Maineac

We booked a half day snorkeling tour with C-A. They're charging our credit card the full payment (months before our cruise) to hold our booking. If we cancel within 48 hours of our tour we'll get our $ back....We've never had to make full payment in advance....Has anyone had this experience with C-A?

We made full payment ahead of time without any problem. I'm sure it's fine. One note about the snorkeling, make sure you're a strong swimmer. They did not provide life or snorkeling vests for our group and it's quite a swim at the tugboat against the current. I felt safety was somewhat compromised.

Thanks lovetocruise99, although we're in pretty good shape, the prospect of swimming against the current is a little disconcerting. It sounds like requesting vests would be a good idea.....How was the snorkeling on your tour? Would it be an excursion you would recommend? Unfortunately our ship docks at 7pm and leaves the next day at noon. That doesn't leave much time to enjoy the island.....I'd like to make the most of our time there. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

What ship are you on? We dock 8am to 6pm.Feb8th Queen Mary.

We are looking to book a tour I have heard from the following, any recomendations? tourguidecuracao@hotmail.com

Arl

.hmmessage P{margin:0px;padding:0px}body.hmmessage{FONT-SIZE: 10pt;FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma}Hi, thanks for your mail.

I suggest a private island tour with all the highlights. in one day you will have a pretty good

impression how the island looks like and you will come back a next time to

stay for a few days. suggestions for an island tour: a trip to the west

point of the island in the form of a scenic drive , visit of one of the

national parks named shete boka where we visit the rough north coast of the

island and a cave on sea water level. a visit to a plantationhouse ,

flamingo observation point, lunch at the old market place and then on to

visit the historic city center of Willemstad, the world Unesco Heritage site

of Kura Hulanda, the Jewish neighbourhood, Punda, Otrobanda, the Blue

Curacao Liquer factory and if there is time left an old fortress.

The tour price per person will be US 90, this includes drinks along the way and entrance fees but excludes the lunch and lunch drinks. Tourprice can be paid at the end of the tour, and i assure you , satisfaction quaranteed !

Since the Queen Mary arrives at 8 am and leaves, according my information, at 10 pm ,my suggestion is to start around 9 am and end the tour around 17.00 pm. In case the ship leaves at 18.00 pm you will be back on time!

If you have special wishes or interests, please let me know !

Hope to hear from you soon

Best regards, Tourguidecuracao

Michel

Thanks lovetocruise99, although we're in pretty good shape, the prospect of swimming against the current is a little disconcerting. It sounds like requesting vests would be a good idea.....How was the snorkeling on your tour? Would it be an excursion you would recommend? Unfortunately our ship docks at 7pm and leaves the next day at noon. That doesn't leave much time to enjoy the island.....I'd like to make the most of our time there. :rolleyes:

From what the others said that actually made it out to the snorkel site at the tugboar, the snorkeling was good. We requested safety vests but they weren't provided. I brought a couple of my own along but was one short for our group. You need to be a strong swimmer for their snorkel tour.

• 2 weeks later...
From what the others said that actually made it out to the snorkel site at the tugboar, the snorkeling was good. We requested safety vests but they weren't provided. I brought a couple of my own along but was one short for our group. You need to be a strong swimmer for their snorkel tour.

We just did this excursion last week (12/27) and found it well worth the money and time! The snorkeling was excellent and I can't really say that I thought the swimming was strenous. It was a bit choppy the day we were there, but it didn't seem to affect the snorkeling at all. We saw lots and lots of fish and really enjoyed our time. We also visited an old quarantine hospital that is on top of a hill which affords gorgeous views. Curacao Actief provided a very nice snack (a local favorite similar to a tamale that was called "ijake"). I also want to clarify that perhaps something has changed, but we were all provided with safety vests which we could choose to inflate, or not (but all wore them). Overall it was a great excursion and I would recommend this company.

Archived