Leaving on the Holiday Saturday

Yazoo cruiser

Our cruise director on the Holiday was Paul Sanka (sp?) out of Great Britain. I enjoyed his British accent and as this was DH's and my first cruise we enjoyed all that the Holiday had to offer. The food was subpar in both the Lido deck and the dining room, but overall the experience was great.

I expected better cuisine after [url="http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=97,26748303,cruisecritic.com,0"]reading[/url] most of the posts that I came across on this boat, but I assume that we all have varying tastes so I can't say that spoiled my trip. We did consume our fair share of hamburgers, fries, and pizza. The lobster tail I had in the dining room was overcooked. Breakfast was good, but the other buffets weren't all of that. There was a lot of "fru fru" food, mostly some strange concoction that was supposed to be gourmet???

Service was excellent I have to admit also. Nanang, our cabin steward and his assistant (Riveria deck) were the most helpful and delightful people we met on the staff. They kept our room immaculate and I even tipped him extra before we departed. I managed to get a towel animal one of the nights on our trip, as we mostly kept our "privacy please" sign on! ;) By the way, after the first day your cabin steward knows you by name the entire trip.

We did enjoy one of the shows in the lounge, the cocktail reception and the Captain's Dinner were nice and the late night deck party with the mexican buffet was nice.

The only downfall was the one night I got sick from drinking way too much in Cozuymel and poor Nanang had to rush out of my room while cleaning it to let me have my way with the ceramic bowl. :(

We are definitely going on a return [url="http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=71,26748303,cruisecritic.com,0"]trip[/url] but I think we'll be doing the 7 day on the Conquest next year for our 10 year anniversary celebration!

Archived