Booking Early...What if the Price Goes Down?

Hootsie

Ok, so I'm not booking as early as SOME of you, LOL! But, this is a cruise for Spring Break (Late March/early April). What if the price goes down? Any odds of that??? Or, should I just book now since they'll probably climb higher?

Sometimes, cruise rates DO go down and you can contact your booking agent to see about either a reduction before your final payment, OR possibly a shipboard credit after you have made final payment. This is IFFY for a 'spring break' cruise, as most of the ships are booked solid during that time period. Just keep looking and if you see a rate less than what you paid, call.

This is IFFY for a 'spring break' cruise, as most of the ships are booked solid during that time period. Just keep looking and if you see a rate less than what you paid, call.

So, odds are my cruise will only go up in price?? We just aren't 100% sure we are going. I'd say we are 90% sure. My TA said I can reserve it and book in at the price now.

Yep, it could certainly go up. I would book it NOW. You can always cancel it later and get the full amount of deposit refunded......right up until final payment is due.

REALLY!? A full refund if it's before the final payment?? I didn't know that.

Hi,

I always book my cruises early because I want a specific cabin. You generally only need to put down $250 each to book your cruise. My TA credits me if the cost goes down. If I have paid in full and it goes down she credits my credit card with the difference. If it goes down prior to my making final payment, she simply reduces the total cost. I'm not sure if all TA's do this. I have used the same woman for several years now. As others have said, Spring Break cruises are usaully sold out, so I would book early. You can always cancel if need be. Depending on the length of the cruise, the dates for cancelation and a full refund differ. Contact Carnival or check their website for the exact timing.

Archived