Need Help??

dnice1979

I will be leaving on Monday I did not get a passport however I do have my birth certificate. The problem is I got married now I am divorced I did not change my name back to my maiden name.

The situation is my B/C has one name and my ID has another. I have old id's with my maiden name on them as well as my old marriage license should I be ok or should I bring a long a copy of my divorce decree

I will be leaving on Monday I did not get a passport however I do have my birth certificate. The problem is I got married now I am divorced I did not change my name back to my maiden name.

The situation is my B/C has one name and my ID has another. I have old id's with my maiden name on them as well as my old marriage license should I be ok or should I bring a long a copy of my divorce decree

Most married women have different names on their ID and birth certificates lol! As long as your picture ID matches the name on your cruise docs you will be fine.

Most married women have different names on their ID and birth certificates lol! As long as your picture ID matches the name on your cruise docs you will be fine.

Every great once in awhile you hear of a woman being asked for a marriage license because of the name difference...thats why I suggested bringing everything in case. I'm sure they won't ask for any of it and will just wave her through but... I'm one of those over prepared people - LOL

Every great once in awhile you hear of a woman being asked for a marriage license because of the name difference...thats why I suggested bringing everything in case. I'm sure they won't ask for any of it and will just wave her through but... I'm one of those over prepared people - LOL

If the women was just married and did not change her name on her picture Id (license) So her married name which is on her cruise docs and her picture ID do not match. Then she should bring her marriage license.

But the op was asking about her picture id does not match the name on her birth certificate. As long as her picture id and cruise docs match she will be fine.

But you are right if it makes her feel better by all means bring the other info.

First name, date of birth and the ID looks like you and ID matches the info given to the cruiseline then you are fine. I have NEVER been asked to see anything other then my birth dertificate and drivers license and I'm married.

The only way a married woman will ever have the same last name on her birth certificate as her drivers license is if she never bothered to change it or married someone with the same last name as my girlfriend did - was a Smith, married a Smith.

The only time I would suggest that a woman ever take her marriage license is if she got married right before the cruise - her ID is in her maiden name and she made the reservation on the ship under her married name. If she made the reservation under her maiden name then she has nothing to worry about - both will match (unless she was married prior).

Sorry - just noticed where this part was mentioned above......

First name, date of birth and the ID looks like you and ID matches the info given to the cruiseline then you are fine. I have NEVER been asked to see anything other then my birth dertificate and drivers license and I'm married.

The only way a married woman will ever have the same last name on her birth certificate as her drivers license is if she never bothered to change it or married someone with the same last name as my girlfriend did - was a Smith, married a Smith.

The only time I would suggest that a woman ever take her marriage license is if she got married right before the cruise - her ID is in her maiden name and she made the reservation on the ship under her married name. If she made the reservation under her maiden name then she has nothing to worry about - both will match (unless she was married prior).

Sorry - just noticed where this part was mentioned above......

thanks I am taking my old marriage license just in case

thanks I am taking my old marriage license just in case
As with everything else Carnival it is a case by case thing and if it makes you feel better I say take it - especially since you have it (if you have a passport you don't have to worry about it). I only stress not required because some have actually spent the money to re-order missing documents (marriage certificate, divorce decrees) when they really shouldn't be necessary. They do understand that a married woman is not going to have the same last name on both their BC and the DI (except in those "wierd" cases).

I would hate to tell someone not to worry about and have them show up at the pier and not be able to get on the ship - but unknown to me was something "quirky" that actually caused them to ask.

As with everything else Carnival it is a case by case thing and if it makes you feel better I say take it - especially since you have it (if you have a passport you don't have to worry about it). I only stress not required because some have actually spent the money to re-order missing documents (marriage certificate, divorce decrees) when they really shouldn't be necessary. They do understand that a married woman is not going to have the same last name on both their BC and the DI (except in those "wierd" cases).

I would hate to tell someone not to worry about and have them show up at the pier and not be able to get on the ship - but unknown to me was something "quirky" that actually caused them to ask.

Thanks I appreciate the info that you did provid. I called this morning to ask how much a copy of my divorce decree and was shocked at the price I am sure that I have around this house somewhere but when I wen to look for it could not find it I still had my old marriage license. So am goin to take that along with old expired id's of me in my younger days:) just in case

Funny thing the marriage license lasted longer than the marriage did:D lol

Archived