A few Noordam Questions

katyf

Hi all,

I'm sailing on the noordam on 2/27 out of NYC and had a couple of questions.

1. Will the 'dome' over the pool be closed at first? Obviously NYC in feb is not swimming weather....just wasn't sure how big of a project it was to open/close the dome?

2. Will there be a fridge in the room? We are in a balcony stateroom (VF) if it matters?

3. I know this one is a longshot - but has anybody brought a child under 3 on the noordam (or actually, any other HAL ship)? If so, I'm wondering if they have any type of planned activites for the kids (we were on NCL last year w/ my daughter - 1 at the time - and they had a daily playgroup for children under 2)?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

Hey katyf, we are also going on that cruise:D We have a still somewhat small roll call started, why don't you join? the more the merrier! this is our first cruise on HAL, but from what i have read on here so far, it isn't really geared towards small ones, but i would hope they would have some sort of program set up for them. check the boards, they are a wealth of info! susan

We took our 2 year old on the Noordam last January. There is no organized activity for children under three. They did let us use the children's playroom when they were not using it for the older kids. My grandson had a blast on the ship. He loved the pool and all the live music.

thanks everybody! I'll join the rollcall (just have to figure out where)...can't wait for our cruise.

we weren't counting on much in terms of children's programs. I mean really until they are 3 you can't count on much anywhere (well...except for NCL....but their prices for the same itinerary were way more).

when we were on ncl basically all it was was an organized time for all the little ones and their parents to come hang out in the kids room.

i'm just excited the pool will be useable all the days! we went on the spirit last year and the first and last day were kind-of boring for us, since we're big 'hang out by the pool' people. (before someone asks....we're working hard to make sure DD is completely potty trained for our cruise....i'm well aware of the no diapers rule)

thanks again!!!!!!!

Archived