Vancouver & Alaska - what weather can we expect?

bellaj

Hi Folks - we're off on our second cruise next year, and as you were all so helpful with my questions on our first one I thought I would ask another ! :)

We're off to Vancouver for a week in May next year, followed by a week cruising up to Alaska - however, we're not really certain what sort of weather to expect. We arrive in Vancouver mid month.

We're from the UK so are flying across so once again luggage weight is an issue, adn we just would like an idea of what we can expect so we can pack appropriately in the way of sweaters, jackets, coats etc.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

It will be nice in Vancouver at that time. The winter rains will/should be gone and there will be lots of sun and ocean breezes. Alaska is a different story. I lived in Whitehorse in the Yukon for three years and at that time of the year have seen 70 degrees and have also seen snow in late June. Bring a good heavy sweater and some quality rain gear and you will be fine. Nights will still be quite cool and don't be surprised if the temperature drops to the high 40s or low 50s.

Archived