Halloween on the Navigator

joannetk

We will be on the Oct. 30th Navigator cruise with our 9 year old son. Does anyone know what type of children's activities that there are on the ship for Halloween? He has his costume ready, but I am not sure when or where he will wear it. Oct. 31st is a sea day and I think it is also a formal night.

Thanks, Joanne

Hey Joan, we're on this cruise. Are you on the roll call? It's a nice one. The kids get dressed up in their costumes and the kids club staff take them around for a costume parade and some trick or treating. They play games and get candy and stuff. Here's the link to the roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=1986307#post1986307

Hey Joanne,

Halloween cruises are a blast for the kids as well as the adults. We've been on several, and being in costume is a special time. On the Voyager class ships there's a parade through the Royal Promanade, followed by a dance party and awards presentation in Studio B.

We and a good-friend couple from Pa. won the grand prize on our last cruise, as Wizard Of Oz characters. Pics can be seen on my Serenade link below. So take costumes, and have a ball.

Adventure Ocean also has special activities for the kids on Halloween. Our son had a great time and loved the extra attention the dining room staff gave him when he wore his costume to dinner. (We were on the Explorer in 2003)

- PAGA

Hi Joanne, I'll be on the OCt. 30th NOS with 5 kids (four of my own and my daughter's friend). They're looking forward to celebrating Halloween onboard, though we haven't finalized costumes yet. Now that theyr'e back in school I need to get to work on that. They were concerned about missing Halloween at home but we didn't have much choice on dates as this is election day/teacher convention break for NJ. We cruised this same week last year and there were a good number of school aged kids so your son will have lots of company.

Maria, We are also from NJ and are cruising this week for the same reason, teachers convention/election week. This is our second cruise. The first was two years ago on the same week (although Halloween did not fall during this week in 2002). It was a Disney cruise and it seemed that almost everyone on the ship was from NJ. We had a great time and are really looking forward to this cruise. My son was a little disappointed when he first realized that we would not be home for Halloween. But since he got his costume and he knows that there will be Halloween activities on the ship, he is looking forward to it.

We were on the Rhapsody last halloween and there was a costume parade, contest. Don't know what they did in the kids clubs but the kids were all having a great time. Lots of people in costumes, adults and kids. The ship was decorated for halloween all week long. Trick or treat buckets were in all the shops, lounges for the kids. We also saw people giving treats to kids. Lots of decorations on cabin doors also.

We will be sailing on the Navigator the week before halloween since that is a school break for our kids here in Nebraska

Bev

We were on EOS last year for halloween with our 8yo son. We brought a costume along and had him wear it to dinner. All the wait staff made a big deal out of it so of course they made him feel very special. After that, he went to Adventure Ocean. Kids who did not have costumes were having their faces painted and pirate bandanas put on them. All the kids were given an Adventure Ocean pillow case to color to put their treats in. The kids were then taken around the ship singing songs and trick or treating. The kids got candy from the stores & shops and passengers were giving them change. The kids had a blast! We are doing again this year on NOS.

Terri

Archived