Maasdam informal nights and Bridge players

Susie51

This will be my first time on HAL and I have more questions. I'm packing today for my Sept. 11, Boston to Montreal cruise. How many informal nights are there? Is a sweater knit pantsuit dressy enough for informal nights?

I have appreciated your help with the shore excursions and movies for my mom.

Mom is a good bridge player. She is in several bridge clubs and plays with ladies and men approximately 75 - 85 years old. Any one sailing with us who likes to play Bridge?

Guessing that you will have two-three informal evenings.

In your documents there should be a page which lists out the number of formal, informal, and casual nights. The first and last nights are always casual. Typically the casual totals the same, or one more than, the other two combined.

I hesitate to comment on the sweater/pantsuit as I've not seen it. I tend to dress up; what you describe sounds like something I would wear on a casual evening.

Have a lovely cruise with your mom.

We too, are sailing on the Maasdam next Saturday. We have two formal nights, one semi-formal night and the rest are casual (sometimes referred to as elegantly casual, I think). You'll find these numbers in you passage document booklet. We wear formal clothing for the formal nights (tux and long dresses) and cocktail like clothing (dark suit, dressy dress) for the semi-formal nights. We sailed on the Statendam to Hawaii and back last year. There were quite a few bridge players on board so, I think, you will be able to find others to play bridge with. Maybe we will bump into you on board.

We too, are sailing on the Maasdam next Saturday. We have two formal nights, one semi-formal night and the rest are casual (sometimes referred to as elegantly casual, I think).

That was the case on our August 21 Montreal to Boston cruise.

Having not seen the pantsuit, I cannot comment either. Informal is actually a bit fancier than casual... and we saw many different types of attire that evening.

Archived