Balcony/7 day vs. inside/9 day?

JWestShuh

Different lines? ships?

I choose the line and ship first. But, I don't like the Eastern Caribbean so a balcony and 9 days would not sway me.

For me, I would wait and take the itinerary I prefer when I can afford a balcony on a line I enjoy.

Ok, lets up the ante. Anyone ever stay in a suite? We booked a balcony cabin for our March cruise. It does not seem to be selling well. We got a balcony for 2 for a little over &1400 total. The inside room was not much less than that. My opinion has always been take an inside cabin to save money, or a balcony. (I would never pick an oceanview cabin, that is the biggest waste of money in my opinion) Now, if the suites do not sell, would you upgrade to a suite? (Right now, there is a $500 difference, not worth it yet in my opinion)

Ok, lets up the ante. Anyone ever stay in a suite? We booked a balcony cabin for our March cruise. It does not seem to be selling well. We got a balcony for 2 for a little over &1400 total. The inside room was not much less than that. My opinion has always been take an inside cabin to save money, or a balcony. (I would never pick an oceanview cabin, that is the biggest waste of money in my opinion) Now, if the suites do not sell, would you upgrade to a suite? (Right now, there is a $500 difference, not worth it yet in my opinion)

Absolutely, though the perks on some lines are better than others. We like having access to private lounges/restaurants, priority embark and debark, free laundry (HAL) and other niceties. We like our privacy so suites are wonderful for us.

Balcony all the way, actually I'd rather not book anything lower than a jr suite.

We don't have much time for vacation, even if we save a load of money by booking an inside cabin, two things will happen:

1. I will hate it, because I want to see the ocean the second I wake up, or even have breakfast on my balcony.

2. The load of money we save will not go towards another vacation, because we simply don't have time for it.

We have had inside, outside, balcony, suites and once an owners suite.

What I hate about a balcony cabin is we usually have smokers next door or the room smells like smoke. On our Alaskan cruise it was so cold you couldn’t stay out there and a window would have been fine(could have saved $1400.00).

Unless you just have to have a window, outsides are a ripoff in my book.

If you’re a late sleeper, inside cabins are the best.

If you can afford it a suite is nice.

If your lucky and get flooded out the first day on a 21 day cruise and get upgraded to an owners suite like we did..., Heaven

There are so many people onboard ship, nobody care so please yourself. Same ship, same food, same places, different prices.

i've cruised with balcony, oceanview and last time an inside. we actually loved the inside. quiet, dark to sleep. and b/c we sailed an inside in nov, we are already looking at a cruise in march. there isn't any wrong with inside. they are now my favorite and trust me, I'm not in denial about anything.

What would you pick? Eastern caribbean with a balcony room or Southern caribbean with an inside room? Trying to decide...

I'd say go for the balcony. It is nice to just be able to go out and look at the ocean from your room.

Archived