Rum From Jamaica

fifty

You can bring all you want back on the ship, it's getting through customs coming back into the US. Limit is 1 liter per person (over 21), Rum Cream, Kahlua, other liquores do not count. We visit Jamaica on a regular basis and always bring back rum (appleton dark, overproof, Wray & Nephew coconut rum, etc. ) We also bring back 2 cases of Sangster's Rum Cream to share with family and friends. I've found that customs is more lax at the cruise ports than at an airport. You could probably pack all you can fit in your suitcases and not declare it on the customs form and be just fine. When you fill out your customs form, make sure you specify "Rum Cream Liquore". BTW, Appleton was only $14.95 liter on the ship (It's 43.50 liter where I live). If you buy on the island, I've found most duty-free shops have a 1/2 gallon PLASTIC bottle of the Appleton dark. Much easier to pack....no worries...enjoy Jamaica!

That is what I would like to do - bring a bunch of the rume creme back. So excuse my denseness, but you don't even have to declare the rume creme or tia maria to customs? You know, when you fill the card out the last night? You just have to list the rum?

I always declare both. Just specify on the form...

Appleton Rum Qty-2

Rum Cream Liquore Qty-24 (or however many you bring back).

Just FYI, this past October I bought a case of Tequipal (tequila cream) while we were in Cozumel. I have always had it boxed and checked it like luggage. WELL, Southwest will not allow you to do this (we usually fly Delta or Air Jamaica)! Talk about scrambling around trying to fit 12 bottles in all our luggage! I know everyone in line behind us was po'd.....my apologies if any CC member was in line behind us! Anyway, I'd definately call the airline to see what their policy is on this...

Recently got off the Enchantment 7 nighter, and brought back 8 liters of Alcohol and 4 or 5 smaller bottles. Only 2 people over 21 yrs of age. The guy at customs was awesome. We got sent to the side to get examined closer and he asked how many bottles we had. We told the truth and were prepared to pay the duty for it. He then looks at us and says.. "8 liters.. Well I only see 2", and he gave us a wink. We were confused at first, then he said go ahead, "you're good to go".

It depends who you get at customs, but most of the time if they see a family, and not some drunken 21yr olds, they will let you slide. And no, we are not alcoholics! It makes great gifts as we all know! :cool:

Archived