1554 or 1600 on Serenade Of The Seas?

Toodang

We sailed on sister ship Radiance to Alaska in an aft suite, and really loved the views from the aft, but it is quite a walk to the elevators, and you do feel more movement in the aft. 1554 is near the concierge lounge and elevators very convenient. They are both great choices. Tough decision! Good luck!

I have stayed in 1600 on the Brilliance and it has a strange layout (see photos in the link in my signature). I did like the aft balcony, though. We also had GS 1060 on Radiance, a portside hump cabin (Serenade doesn't have that GS) and, although I loved the convenience to the stairs and Concierge Lounge, I didn't care as much for the balcony - it is fully covered, which meant we got very little sun. If I were an "innie" and only cared about the cabin interior I would stay midships. But I'm an "outie" who spend loads of time on the balcony, even in crummy weather, so I think I would go for 1600 even with its funky layout.

We were in the cabin just to check it out while we were sailing on the Radiance. The cabin is a little awkward to my taste, but the balcony, while quite large, is basically without cover. We were a few cabins away and could go out in the rain while those in 1600 could not.

We have booked a cruise on the Serenade, again on deck 10 aft. I look at the hike from aft to anywhere else onboard as part of my daily exercise.

I love the quiet back there. And there is nothing better than watching the wake and everything else that floats by like whales, sea lions, islands...you name it.

Happy choosing and even happier cruising!

Archived