Crew Pool?

Sidetracker

Silly question -

I notice a small above ground type pool on the bow of the NCL ships when I look at their live cams. Never have seen anyone in the pools. Anyone shed any light on what this is about?

They are mostly used while in port. When we are on the Dawn in the Southern Caribbean in December & Janaury, they are use alot by the crew.

The Dawn pool was orignailly two hot tubs, but the Rogue Wave wrecked them and they converted them into a pool.

Happy Cruising.

When we are on the Dawn in the Southern Caribbean in December & Janaury, they are use alot by the crew.

That makes a lot of sense. We sailed in November and December on the Florida/Bahamas itinerary. It probably wasn't warm enough for a lot of people to swim comfortably.

Since we're from New England, we thought it was plenty warm.:)

I have seen people using them, but not very often. Here's a snap of the bridgecam from the Jewel showing the crew out on loungers. I've also noticed them standing out in that area on the Pearl while waiting impatiently for last year's Alaska cruise -- staring at the glaciers in Glacier Bay.

jewel.jpg.a01d06e19e03aa793bf2779bd41eec4f.jpg

I use to work in N.Star and yes they are crew pools,, one good reasson why crew is not using them so often is simply beacuse they are watched 24/7

In few cases when i have been on the bridge of N.Star i have seen few of the male quest's looking for girls sunbathing and using pools,, and then they wife's has come out and beat the crap out of them,,, funny thou...:D

Archived