Just off Glory

TracersQQ

I just got off the Glory, we had an awesome time - can't complain about anything. I will be staying in Florida for a few more days, so I won't be writing a review until I get home - so everybody get your questions ready and I'll answer them when I write my review.

I just got off the Glory, we had an awesome time - can't complain about anything. I will be staying in Florida for a few more days, so I won't be writing a review until I get home - so everybody get your questions ready and I'll answer them when I write my review.

Glad to hear you had a great time and I can't wait to read your review!

Welcome home!

Glad to hear it! We're cruising on the Glory the week of Xmas, so looking forward to the full review! A few things we're wondering about are if there was a kitchen galley tour that you know of? Also, we have a balcony room on the Panorama deck and both the balcony and Panorama deck are new to us, so we're wondering if you had experience with either. Thanks ahead of time!

Glad to hear it! We're cruising on the Glory the week of Xmas, so looking forward to the full review! A few things we're wondering about are if there was a kitchen galley tour that you know of? Also, we have a balcony room on the Panorama deck and both the balcony and Panorama deck are new to us, so we're wondering if you had experience with either. Thanks ahead of time!

We just returned from a WONDERFUL Glory Western Carib today! Yes, there is a galley tour late in the week.....ours met in the Golden Restaurant with the Maitre d(s) and we took a stroll through the galley....it's quite AMAZING how far those waiters have to walk with the food before it gets to your table!!

Actually we had Panorama balcony cabin 1009 and it was super. Also had 1017 inside... I really love that deck.....very close to the main elevator bank (10 of them) AND lots of sun out on deck VERY close also......same deck as the Emerald Supper Club (yum, we ate there twice). You can also walk out forward to see the front of the ship and both sides....small stairway down to Lido Deck where you can observe the ship from just above the bridge (great).

I know you'll have a great time on Glory. Tell Maitre d(s) Boris, from Croatia, (Platinum deck 3) and Michael, from India, (Golden deck 4) "HI" from Steve.....they MAY still remember me from this week, but probably not since they see so many folks every week!

Have a glorious Holiday cruise (the decorations are up AND the carols are playing).

Steve :D

Excellent! Glad to hear it. We're on the other side of the ship a few cabins closer to the elevators. Was going to ask if you think the view is better from the side you were on or the other side, but we're doing the Eastern Caribbean itinerary, so guess that won't apply!

We plan to do the Supper club also, found a link on one of the other boards where you can make reservations for the Supper club ahead of time and we did that a few days ago. Glad to hear the Galley tour is offered, how did you find out about it? Was it listed in the capers or was it an audio announcement or both? Don't recall being notified about it on past cruises, thought maybe it wasn't offered on smaller ships, but then I always saw people doing the tour on the cruise video on the cabin TV.

Thanks again and glad you had a great time!

I just got off of Glory this morning too, after B2B cruises to the E and W Caribbean. I had cabin 2465 for two weeks. Enjoyed the cruise, the staff, and food. Nothing worth mentioning to complain about. I was pleased enough that I left extra tips for both the dining room and cabin stewards.

Dittos regarding the forward open observation deck areas. Great. They are never crowded, sometimes vacant, and you can get great photos since there is no wind screen glass in front of you. You can walk out on the top of the bridge wings on both sides. As I recall, you can go out front on decks 6, 7, 9, and 10, and maybe 5 (not sure).

Ken

Excellent! Glad to hear it. We're on the other side of the ship a few cabins closer to the elevators. Was going to ask if you think the view is better from the side you were on or the other side, but we're doing the Eastern Caribbean itinerary, so guess that won't apply!

We plan to do the Supper club also, found a link on one of the other boards where you can make reservations for the Supper club ahead of time and we did that a few days ago. Glad to hear the Galley tour is offered, how did you find out about it? Was it listed in the capers or was it an audio announcement or both? Don't recall being notified about it on past cruises, thought maybe it wasn't offered on smaller ships, but then I always saw people doing the tour on the cruise video on the cabin TV.

Thanks again and glad you had a great time!

It was listed in the Capers and they also announced it the evening prior. BTW the filet mignon in the Supper Club is THE BEST EVER!!

:D

The Glory was the first cruise ship I have been on, and it was unbelievable!!! I loved everything about that ship. The decorations, the buffets, the shows, everything. Although my judgement might be a bit off since I didn't know what to expect when I boarded and was just blown away with everything.

I would definitely sail on the Glory again! :D

We're going on the Carnival Glory December 15th so I am very interested in what the weather was like and what excursions you went on and what

you liked and didn't like about them. THANKS !!!:)

Just back from Glory Western Carib. If you want to have a dolphin encounter my recommendation would be the one in Belize. Picked up by tender, about 20 minutes across to a private island. The operation is well run, they CARE about their dolphins, and that care shows! You have a 10 minute walk to the dolphin lagoon....a very comprehensive orientation, then you walk down into the lagoon to meet a couple of the "kids". We met Ronnie (very young and very playful) and then Bill. They were both just great....you get to touch/pet them, plus pose for a couple of pics taken by a professional photographer ($10 each pic). There are nice restrooms, a gift shop, dive shop, restaurant on the island. Everyone was VERY friendly, including the dolphin. The entire trip is about 4 hours long, and you'll probably be back to the ship in time for lunch! Have fun! :D

The weather was mostly great. Sometimes a little windy in the morning....beautiful sunrise and sunset everyday....typical Caribbean weather. Seas were slight most of the time, again typical for this time of year.

Did I miss the full review on another board or maybe not back from FL yet? Looking forward to it.

Did I miss the full review on another board or maybe not back from FL yet? Looking forward to it.

Sorry, no review, yet. I am home, but, boy, do I have a million things to do. I should have time Friday night or Saturday to write a review. Sorry, again, I haven't forgotten.

We just got off the Sensation a couple of days ago and now that I know that I can cruise we will sail on the Glory next Dec.. it is one of the ships that my sister is a buyer for... so I am glad to hear you had an awesome time!!! :)

Carol

PS I can't wait to read your review!!

Steve, was the dolphin encounter through the ship or through a private vendor? How much? We were going to go cave tubing in Belize.

Wow, sorry to have missed this question. I've been busy AT WORK, ugh!!

Actually the excursion was through Carnival.....it was WELL WORTH the $118.00 in my opinion.

Steve :D

We plan to do the Supper club also, found a link on one of the other boards where you can make reservations for the Supper club ahead of time and we did that a few days ago.

Dudeman ... please let me know how to make advance reservations for the supper club.

Archived