Meat in Chops Grill and Dining Room

RG10203

... I would have believed this reasoning, but a head waiter when asked by another passenger about the poor meat quality, commented things were tight and they have been cutting back on the quality of food. ...

If I heard this, I would have reported the waiter right away and I would hope that his superior would sack him immediatly. Regardless of whether a company is cutting back or not, it is not the place of an employee to undermine the employer with comments like that.

If I heard this, I would have reported the waiter right away and I would hope that his superior would sack him immediatly. Regardless of whether a company is cutting back or not, it is not the place of an employee to undermine the employer with comments like that.

If it was you who heard this, why would you bother? Have you not got better things to do on vacation other than trying to get people fired? This was a head waiter, not a waiter, and frankly, I listen to recommendations coming from the wait staff. Should we fire every waiter who gives us a recommendation of what not to order for dinner, the inferrence being it's not up to par due to quality and/or poor preparation? Personally, I'd rather it was the employer being "undermined" than the customer.

It's no secret RCI is constantly engaged in cost cutting, most companies are. How far they are willing to push the envelope is the real question. RCI is a mass market cruise line with a food budget of approximately $8.00 - $9.00 per passenger per day. A nickel here, a dime there....it can add up to some real coin. :D

Archived